Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Warning Improvements by Xon - Collection of improvements to XF's warning system

A Collection of improvements to XF's warning system

This add-on expects all users able to issue warnings to be a member of the default Registered User's group. If this is not the case, you will not have permission to issue warnings until you:
  • Add every into the Registered Users group
or
  • Adjust the permissions in each Warning Category.
Warning; All user group titles will be visible if they are applied in a...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,

i cant save the displayorder if i change the value and click save no database entry is created.
And how i use the smart select menu? "Updated front-end using smart select menu, or radio boxes"

Last edited:
One more thing, while selecting "Custom Warning", the member notification "Title" and "Message" placeholder is missing/shown wrong.

1520433444714.webp

One more thing, while selecting "Custom Warning", the member notification "Title" and "Message" placeholder is missing/shown wrong.

View attachment 170622
Bug in the installer, please edit the custom warning clear out the that text and click "save" and that should fix it.

Next update will have a fix for this

Last edited:
Great work @Xon !
Is it possible to upgrade it from XF1 version without configuration/data loss, right?
is this true also for the other "improvements" addons of yours?

I've upgraded from the 1.5 version, and so far I didn't notice any issues other than those reported.
Everything was imported from the previous version.

Reactions: Xon
Great work @Xon !
Is it possible to upgrade it from XF1 version without configuration/data loss, right?
is this true also for the other "improvements" addons of yours?
Yes, that is a design goal. Because I use all these add-ons, I don't want to have to rebuild configuration myself when I get around to migrating my own live sites.

Just slowly migrating my other add-ons

Nice work Xon, thank you.

I know you're really busy and this is no time for additional features, but I'd like to put these out there for the future.

2. The option to hide some or all of the options under Member notification, allowing the admin to set defaults for whether a conversation is started, whether users can invite others, whether the conversation is locked, and whether an alert is sent.

Edit: Just realized I can do this via the warning categories :D

1. The option to disable the custom warning option for moderators, requiring them to select one of the pre-defined rules.

Last edited:
I just want to double-check. Will this allow us to automatically create a new thread in our staffroom when someone is warned?

It will reply to an existing thread on a warning, but has an option to start a new thread when a warning trigger action occurs

Top Bottom