Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
Sorry what's a warning trigger action?

I basically want a new thread in our staffroom when someone is warned for a post. This is what ragtek's old addon did that's obviously not available for XF2.

Sorry what's a warning trigger action?
XenForo's warning trigger actions are extra actions which apply based off some warning point threshold.

So if you have a warning trigger action with a 100 point threshold, it doesn't matter how many different warnings they get, it'll trigger once they hve 100 points.

I basically want a new thread in our staffroom when someone is warned for a post. This is what ragtek's old addon did that's obviously not available for XF2.
This add-on doesn't do new threads when someone is issued a warning. Start conversation with me if you are interested in funding it to be added, should be quite quick.

Option to sort categories in ACP is not working.
I sorted it, click on save, but after that all is in same old order.

Also, any chance to create placeholder to use in conversation, aka {your_warnings}, which will be a link to users warnings tab in their profile so user can click and see own warnings?

Also, any chance to create placeholder to use in conversation, aka {your_warnings}, which will be a link to users warnings tab in their profile so user can click and see own warnings?
You can already do that with some bbcode & the user id;
[url=<yoursite>/members/{userid}/#warnings]Your warnings[/url]

Just replace <yoursite> with your site URL

Option to sort categories in ACP is not working.
I sorted it, click on save, but after that all is in same old order.
I've managed to reproduce this, I think I've figured it out.

:edit: Will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited:
You can already do that with some bbcode & the user id;
[url=<yoursite>/members/{userid}/#warnings]Your warnings[/url]

Just replace <yoursite> with your site URL
Placeholder {userid} is not parsed

Would you consider add placeholder {userid} in future development?

Also, found a bug.
If you click to warn user, and then change from select view to radio view and back again (vice versa too), and then click to warn user, user is warned, everything is OK except that page is not reload thread but generic:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Url for that is domain.com/posts/463490/warn
instead thread url

When I manually open that thread, user is warned, he get points for warning ect... just that "back to thread view" after give warning is mistake.

Would you consider add placeholder {userid} in future development?
I've added it for the next version.

Next version is blocked till I can finish working on Warning Acknowledgement add-on, as it depends on Warning Improvements integration.

Also, found a bug.
If you click to warn user, and then change from select view to radio view and back again (vice versa too), and then click to warn user, user is warned, everything is OK except that page is not reload thread but generic:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
Url for that is domain.com/posts/463490/warn
instead thread url

When I manually open that thread, user is warned, he get points for warning ect... just that "back to thread view" after give warning is mistake.
Thanks for the report, will add it to the to-do list to look into.

We can't see user warning history in XenForo 2.0. Do we need to import the old ones? If so, how?
Check permissions, the warning history is XF core code which implies you don't have the view user warnings permission.

Note; Report Improvements where it log warnings and any changes to the Report System hasn't been ported yet.

Under "General moderator permissions", check that the "View warning details" permission has been granted. I recommend using the "Analyze permissions" function

Xon updated Warning Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.0.0 - No longer in Beta

This add-on is no longer in beta and can be considered feature complete and stable.

Changes from beta:
  • Only send warning email if the user has an email address
  • Fix category sorting
  • Add {userId} as replacable for warning conversation
  • On issuing a warning, redirect back to the content via the getContentUrl() instead of referrer
  • Display user's warning count on the "previous warning" bar, make the previous warning count configurable (default 5) and link to the rest of the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just a tip.

Add {userId} in explanation in ACP
You may use the following placeholders: {title}, {content}, {url}, {points}, {warning_title} and {warning_link} to dynamically insert the content's information; {name} to insert the name of the user receiving the warning; {points} to insert the warning points; {warning_title} to insert the warning title; {warning_link} to insert the warning link; and {staff} to insert the name of the staff member giving the warning. You may use BB code.

Also, make clear that {userid} will not be parsed, but {userId} will be parsed.

Thanks @Xon for your effort

@Recep Baltaş can you look at the "Warning Action" configuration in the admincp? That the warning expires tomorrow doesn't mean the Warning Action caused by it does.

I need to see what the admincp "warning action' configuration is.

It is very possible the Warning Action isn't figuring out it should expire tomorrow depending on how you've got stuff setup.

Top Bottom