Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 2.9.5

No permission to download
@Xon I noticed that "Send warning conversations by default" doesn't seem to be working when warning on content, such as a post, the box is unchecked. It does work when warning on a profile.

No javascript errors. I did notice it it works in Chrome but not Firefox.
I hate browser compatibility, will test with firefox then. I think this may end up either being a bug in XF2 or a subtle bit of weirdness with how I'm toggling things.

I hate browser compatibility, will test with firefox then. I think this may end up either being a bug in XF2 or a subtle bit of weirdness with how I'm toggling things.

You and me both brother. Thanks for looking into it :)

@Xon I noticed that "Send warning conversations by default" doesn't seem to be working when warning on content, such as a post, the box is unchecked. It does work when warning on a profile.
You and me both brother. Thanks for looking into it :)
I can't reproduce this with Firefox v65 :(

Try clearing your browser cache and then fully restarting it? I've seen firefox really screw up javascript before.

I can't reproduce this with Firefox v65 :(

Try clearing your browser cache and then fully restarting it? I've seen firefox really screw up javascript before.

I'll check again when I get a chance.

I did notice something else. Under the Previous warning limit setting it says "When displaying previous warnings, only show upto X warnings. 0 to show all". I try putting in 0 and it defaults to 1.

Xon - you seem busy, and always doing good stuff. Thank you for your work.

I have a question regarding warning actions. Specifically, is it possible to pull which warning action is tripped, and if it issues a ban (time or points based) include in the message or user thread when the ban will be lifted? Having read the add-on description, and all posts in this thread, it seems this has not been requested or considered.

We appreciate and look forward to installing so as to allow members to know their points and warning history, but we are certain they will also then want to know when their ban will end. Thank you for the consideration.

Yes, this add-on surfaces the warning action next to the warning tab on a user's profile.

However, unless a user has permission they only see the computed "expiry" (or non-expiry) as a single item.

These screenshots are from the XF1 version, but this is what a staff/moderators with the right permission would see;
user_warning_actions_with_no_rollup-png.110405

Users would see one entry with the "last" expiry and a compilation of the changes made;
user_warning_actions_with_rollup-png.110403

@Xon Kindly explain this note:

Warning; All user group titles will be visible if they are applied in a Warning Action

Literally what is says. If a warning action adds a group, it will show up under the user's 'warning actions' tab on their profile.

Reactions: KSA
Top Bottom