Want to mass move members to a different group

Mayers

After importing from vBulletin I want to move a large number of members from user group 9 to user group 2. What query would I run to do this? Thanks

- Marc

I hate to bump this thread being it's old, but would mass moving primary usergroups affect secondary usergroups?
You really shouldn't be moving anyone out of the default primary usergroup which is Registered.

The system has been designed to be used that way.

There is no distinction between primary and secondary user groups.

It is recommended however that all users have the Registered user group set as their primary user group and any additional groups they are members of are set as secondary groups. This makes it easy to manage permissions due to the cumulative nature in which they are applied.

http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

I would rather not but I need to moderate new user's posts. The site is growing and along with growth comes more spammers and troublemakers. So now I need to moderate all new accounts. Any suggestions?

Well you can install the add-on from Darkimmortal, or you can wait for 1.1 which has user group promotion.

Even then, all you need to do is change the settings for the registered group to be moderated, and have the promoted secondary group as the one which allows posting.

Well you can install the add-on from Darkimmortal, or you can wait for 1.1 which has user group promotion.

Even then, all you need to do is change the settings for the registered group to be moderated, and have the promoted secondary group as the one which allows posting.

I really want to wait for 1.1

What about selecting, enable email confirmation and enable manual approval in user registration options?

Would selecting both require a confirmation email and then admin confirmation? If so, that will work fine until 1.1 in my case.

On the front end, load the member page and the Spam Cleaner link is available on the profile.
Click that and it will show the IP address.

Top Bottom