XF 2.2 Allows mods to move members to different user groups?

Hi

Is there anyway to allow site mods to move individual members to different user groups?
I am having trouble with a user that keeps creating new accounts when I move him to a 'restricted' usergroup.
Need helps form the mods to move him there when I am not around.

Thanks!

Since it's an admin function, do you trust any of the mods with admin functionality to promote them? On top of that, you can restrict which admin functions they have access to.

This is a perfect task for a warning action:
  • Make sure you configure the user group "restricted" according to XF manuals as an additional group (you write "move to a group", this points me to the conclusion you move him from "registered" to "restricted", which is not recommended, sorry if I'm wrong).
  • Define a warning, e.g. "duplicate registration" and give dedicated points.
  • Define a warning action at given points to add the user to the user group "restricted".
  • Allow mods to give warnings.

^ That ... but just to clarify, members are not "moved" to other user groups, they remain in the Registered user group and are added to other user groups.

And to add a little more, the restricted user group is the one with the "Never" permission set that overrides the "Yes" and "No" settings. As such, it's the most powerful and must be used with care or fun and games can ensue when things mysteriously break.

That is incorrect.

If never is set for a permission in the registered user group it affects every single member.

Any never permissions should be set in secondary user groups only.

No group has priority for permissions - they are cumulative.

That is incorrect.

If never is set for a permission in the registered user group it affects every single member.

Any never permissions should be set in secondary user groups only.

No group has priority for permissions - they are cumulative.
No, I'm correct, you've misunderstood my context as I wasn't saying to put Never in the Registered user group. Create a new group, set the desired permission in it to Never and then apply it to the account to be restricted.

I did just that successfully the other day to hide a section of the forum that a user requested be hidden from them.

Hi

Is there anyway to allow site mods to move individual members to different user groups?
I am having trouble with a user that keeps creating new accounts when I move him to a 'restricted' usergroup.
Need helps form the mods to move him there when I am not around.

Thanks!

Worked well for me.

Top Bottom