Other Waindigo acquired by Audentio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a test installation you could install them on? I assure you as a fellow developer, that when you inherit hundreds of new add-ons (especially free ones), having people testing things out and reporting if they're compatible or not will severely speed up the process.

There are some Waindigo unmaintained addons that were used by me heavily. Does Audentio intend to support any of them and maintain them?

Honestly at this point we are just going through and fixing any urgencies. Then we are going to update them based on demand.

How about this?
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/resource-managers-by-waindigo.2744/

I think is a powerful addon for multiple reasons
Some examples here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/multiple-instances-of-resource-manager.99816/

IMHO can become a very successful paid addon.
@Mike Creuzer and @Audentio Design any word about that? I know that you inherited many addons and you're busy, but as you can see in my signature I think (not only me) that this could be a good business opportunity for xenforo ltd or for a 3rd party.

I think that if well coded could became a "standard" addon for the majority of admins (please read my "IMHOs" in the thread in my signature).

What do you think about it? Am I wrong?

@Mike Creuzer and @Audentio Design any word about that? I know that you inherited many addons and you're busy, but as you can see in my signature I think (not only me) that this could be a good business opportunity for xenforo ltd or for a 3rd party.

I think that if well coded could became a "standard" addon for the majority of admins (please read my "IMHOs" in the thread in my signature).

What do you think about it? Am I wrong?

Is there anything in particular that is broken with this add-on? Or are you just asking in general if we plan to keep supporting it?

Is there anything in particular that is broken with this add-on? Or are you just asking in general if we plan to keep supporting it?
both?

As Jon said this is unsupported because as is coded is not compatible with other addons... and if I remember well he said that the addon want to to much things.

I think that it could be a very powerful addon, an addon that open up the road to extend the RM to plugins/modules based (from you or from other devs*).

*with some indications/documentation

I always had issues with installing multiple Waindigo add-ons in the past (due to conflicting versions files in the Waindigo library folder). Has this been fixed?

I always had issues with installing multiple Waindigo add-ons in the past (due to conflicting versions files in the Waindigo library folder). Has this been fixed?

This happened to me as well. I now only use one addon.

Sometimes plans change. I think it's obvious that the free business model doesn't work, hence this situation exists to begin with. It's not realistic to support 250 add-ons with no income from them.

* Just speaking as a spectator, I have no more information than anyone else.

Sometimes plans change. I think it's obvious that the free business model doesn't work, hence this situation exists to begin with. It's not realistic to support 250 add-ons with no income from them.

* Just speaking as a spectator, I have no more information than anyone else.

A change log would be nice though, to know which ones have received bug fixes and which ones are just being re-uploaded to be changed from free to paid. No point in purchasing yet if nothings been changed from the free version someone already has with the chance of an update never happening.

I see lots of the addons deleted and now being put up as $10 each. So the above comment was false?

I guess there are changes of Heart.

or Really really big changes of Heart.
upload_2015-11-25_10-49-16.webp

Free Addons are crappy usually.

I would think XF 2.0 will kill alot these addons.
The worst time to buy them would be today.

A change log would be nice though, to know which ones have received bug fixes and which ones are just being re-uploaded to be changed from free to paid.

You would need to buy one to be sure, but I do not think that there were any changes beside rebranding at this time.

But they should be fully supported now with the price tag. Some developers do not include support even with paid add-ons. I don't know TH's (formerly known as Audentio) policy in regards to support.

Curious: If Jon would just have charged $10 for each of his free add-ons, would he still be here? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom