Other Waindigo acquired by Audentio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news, I have always had bad experience with audentio support. bought 3 products and never get help with any of my tickets or question support.
@Jon W , what will happend with the add-ons I have founded ? should I get now a subscription to get supported ? I know by experience no support will be provided by audentio, so would it be possible to contact you for any issues?

Yikes. I'm not at all questioning your experience, but I've had Audentio jump through hoops to help, even on non-critical issues.

I had some performance issues with an older version of the framework, and Mike worked with me for days testing different fixes, then invited me to help beta test a performance-improved version of the framework (which resolved it).

Are you working through their support ticket system, or in the forums? There's a lot of noise here and I don't know about them, but I've always had a lot more trouble supporting people in a public forum than through a support ticket.

I try to keep quiet about other developers. But in this case since I use Audentio products I think I can say this can do nothing but help with the support of Jon's add-ons.

Their support ticket system has always proven to be reliable when I've used it. And a couple of Audentio people recently tried to help with one of my own projects. That's something they didn't have to do, but they did. In the end I went in a different direction, but I have nothing but respect for the Audentio people and the help they provide.

Are you working through their support ticket system, or in the forums? There's a lot of noise here and I don't know about them, but I've always had a lot more trouble supporting people in a public forum than through a support ticket.
Opposite for me, I just PM Mike any time and get a response pretty damn fast and a lot of the time my queries are resolved in one or two responses. Audentio's support has been great for me. They're like the Apple of style designs imo, they have a good image behind their styles and style designing services, and their extension into add-ons over recent time is hopefully a good one as well.

I have posted questions both in forums and through their ticket system, finally I decided to remove:
their navigation addon.
UIX with a branding removal.
and I'm planning to remove soon my second UIX theme.
my only concern now is if I have to remove also the waindigo addons , including the ones I have founded.

Last edited:
I try to keep quiet about other developers. But in this case since I use Audentio products I think I can say this can do nothing but help with the support of Jon's add-ons.

Their support ticket system has always proven to be reliable when I've used it. And a couple of Audentio people recently tried to help with one of my own projects. That's something they didn't have to do, but they did. In the end I went in a different direction, but I have nothing but respect for the Audentio people and the help they provide.
I respect your opinion, but please lets not make this a thread about audentio support.
Im only concerned here with the future of some waindigo addons.

I respect your opinion, but please lets not make this a thread about audentio support.
Im only concerned here with the future of some waidingo addons.
.. How can you discuss one without the other? They're pretty heavily connected topics now.

Anyways, congrats @Mike Creuzer on another expansion. Nice to see you and your company continuing to grow. Best of luck to you, @Jon W, in your future adventures.

So basically Jon sold his add-ons and the Waindigo brand, but will continue to develop xenforo add-ons under a different brand name? Well if this business decision benefits both parties, then I say congrats to both.

Btw, @Jon W, why exactly did you select "Cake" as your new brand? I personally prefer bananas. Just kidding.

@Jon W , what will happend with the add-ons I have founded ? should I get now a subscription to get supported ? I know by experience no support will be provided by audentio, so would it be possible to contact you for any issues?
I'm unlikely to be able to support you with the add-ons, sorry.

I'm unlikely to be able to support you with the add-ons, sorry.
I'm already removing them, I guess I have to ask again for other coders to develop the same addons for me , and just pray that they will never get acquired by audentio.

Or.. a more reasonable solution.. try to work out whatever issues you have with @Audentio Design

Yeah... given the large number of people in the various Audentio Design threads that seem to get good/rapid responses from the team, and the positive reviews on their products, it seems to me that whatever the issue is can probably be resolved.

This isn't a rabid defense of AD or a denial that issues may exist - I've had good experiences with them, but everyone's experience is going to be different. However, a generally good company is probably worth working with to figure out why you got a bad experience.

I commissioned Jon for a custom add-on a few years ago (that is still working well on CycleChat (y)), but I've not used any of the commercially released add-ons because of the subscription-based licensing scheme (which seems overly complex and uses total forum posts as a measure of fee calculation).

I appreciate it is probably early days and you'll have a lot to organise, but has this come up in discussions at all and will you be looking to change / simplify the licensing as you move forwards or is it likely to remain the same for the time being?

There are a number of add-ons I'm interested in using, but not on a subscription basis.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Or.. a more reasonable solution.. try to work out whatever issues you have with @Audentio Design
its nothing personal.
to fix the first issue with their theme I had to wait more than 2 months .
to fix the second I had to wait more than 30 days and It has never been fixed , same goes for an other issue in their navigation addon.
if you like I can provide details about every issue I have posted, and see your self if its fixed or not.
Mike is a nice person, but audentio support is the worst I ever had.

@Mike Creuzer What are your views on quality control for waindigo addons? As you know there are quality issues with various waindigo addons. Do you intent to address these and if so how?

who is next! the war is begun!

now jon is gone!, brivum is gone!

who will win the war, now its only

autentio design, themes corp and andy,

who is smart, who can win! Y[5~28GZVOM9GY_2I`P[2YF.webp

yes there is war,

every developer dream about becoming the best add-on developer and making the best add-ons, and getting the most customers, and becoming a billionaire

but none can do it, they always make mistakes in business, and they fall, like when happen the fall of the roman empire

so the war is here!! u must be smart to win, who can do it? we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom