Fixed Viewing thread

Yunus88

Screenshot_2020-05-10-02-56-27-17.webp

I put a picture from my site. the picture shows which page the visitors are looking at. some of them write the subject name. some don't write. why is that? I want to learn this.

I can tell you that we don't see anything similar here.

It would be difficult to say why that is happening though I do note that it doesn't appear to be happening on your forum at this moment in time so I'm not sure if anything has changed.

Interesting. I might have figured it out.

I think it happens when a user is viewing a "posts" URL, e.g.

https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1425706/share

1589477419473.png

And in the database (xf_session_activity):

1589477478560.png

If you run this query, what are the results that you get?

SQL:
SELECT controller_name, controller_action, params
FROM xf_session_activity
WHERE controller_name = 'XF\\Pub\\Controller\\Post'

I assume this will find a bunch and the controller_action will be Share or similar?

Interesting. I might have figured it out.

I think it happens when a user is viewing a "posts" URL, e.g.

https://xenforo.com/community/posts/1425706/share

View attachment 225105

And in the database (xf_session_activity):

View attachment 225106

If you run this query, what are the results that you get?

SQL:
SELECT controller_name, controller_action, params
FROM xf_session_activity
WHERE controller_name = 'XF\\Pub\\Controller\\Post'

I assume this will find a bunch and the controller_action will be Share or similar?
I get this
1589562901314.png

Also today I am not noticing viewing a thread without the title but I notice this instead
1589563077554.png

How can I see the url they are viewing right now ?

Edit: I am still seeing viewing a thread without a thread title.

Last edited:
If you see
Code:
Viewing thread

Without thread name information that means the visitor is trying to access topic where they have no permissions.
And they are pointing for login.

To a certain extent it’s expected. They are seemingly all viewing a “posts” URL rather than a “threads” URL.

They are very likely search engine crawlers or other spiders.

So there isn’t really a bug it’s just what we display when someone is viewing a non-specific thread page - such as a share URL for a specific post or the reactions summary.

What I haven’t checked yet is whether we’re missing something to indicate that search engines shouldn’t follow or index those URLs.

That might be we change but someone navigating directly to such a posts URL may still produce the same result.

Either way, nothing to worry about at this moment in time as it is working as expected for the URL they are viewing.

To a certain extent it’s expected. They are seemingly all viewing a “posts” URL rather than a “threads” URL.

They are very likely search engine crawlers or other spiders.

So there isn’t really a bug it’s just what we display when someone is viewing a non-specific thread page - such as a share URL for a specific post or the reactions summary.

What I haven’t checked yet is whether we’re missing something to indicate that search engines shouldn’t follow or index those URLs.

That might be we change but someone navigating directly to such a posts URL may still produce the same result.

Either way, nothing to worry about at this moment in time as it is working as expected for the URL they are viewing.
so I tried that, I visited directly to the post URL and it displays the thread title.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.0 Beta 2).

Change log:
Attempt where possible to display specific thread info for users viewing posts links in session activity details.
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom