Cannot reproduce Video mp4 issue viewing on ios

WxP

Affected version
Hello, I do not know how to call it a bug or problem with the browser, or a bad configuration in the panel. When I make an Attach of an mp4 video, from the ios system it is not viewed. In android and pc going well
159989962_273031234384635_4922436786937238387_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is it possible for you to attach the video here so we can confirm this? There could be codec issues, though we do usually check that. It's hard to know that without seeing the original video.

If you were to not embed the video so it displays below the post, does the video play if you click on it?

Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to reproduce this here with the provided video. There's also no reason for cookies to be involved unless there's some sort of browser issue.

Videos are actually served directly via the web server (rather than XF's normal attachment handler), so that might point to some sort of web server issue or it could potentially be temporary. If you're still experiencing this, we might need to see it in a publicly accessible thread on your site.

Hello, I do not know how to call it a bug or problem with the browser, or a bad configuration in the panel. When I make an Attach of an mp4 video, from the ios system it is not viewed. In android and pc going well
View attachment 248651
Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to reproduce this here with the provided video. There's also no reason for cookies to be involved unless there's some sort of browser issue.

Videos are actually served directly via the web server (rather than XF's normal attachment handler), so that might point to some sort of web server issue or it could potentially be temporary. If you're still experiencing this, we might need to see it in a publicly accessible thread on your site.

I've the same issue when uploading and viewing videos on the site, if using iPhone to record.
To get around it, after recording I recode it online, download and then upload that version - which then seems to work.

Obviously all attached video does not showing preview in any available browsers in iPhone. I have submitted a ticket and get responded. This was actually happened since the beginning we migrated from vb -> XF 2.1.5. I really wondering how come no one did noticed this issue earlier.

Attachments

• Snap3.webp
    Snap3.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 17
Obviously all attached video does not showing preview in any available browsers in iPhone. I have submitted a ticket and get responded. This was actually happened since the beginning we migrated from vb -> XF 2.1.5. I really wondering how come no one did noticed this issue earlier.
Looking at the ticket, what you're reporting is unrelated to this issue, as the file you are uploading (an OGG file) is something that Safari simply doesn't support. We don't attempt to transcode videos people upload as attachments.

Looking at the ticket, what you're reporting is unrelated to this issue, as the file you are uploading (an OGG file) is something that Safari simply doesn't support. We don't attempt to transcode videos people upload as attachments.
That was my earlier thought. Apparently, later i realised that all types of video has the same issue on iphone safari mobile.

This still going on, users with iPhone can not play videos.

Tested on multiple browser Safari, Chrome and FireFox.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 220438.webp

Having this issue as well :( Videos all used to play until recently.

Having this issue as well :( Videos all used to play until recently.

Have you moved to a new host? Are you using Nginx and Cloudflare ? if so, one of them could cause this issue if not configured properly.

I am on Cloudflare. Any tips for what needs to be configured at Cloudflare? Thanks!

Try to disable the minify HTML, CSS and JavaScript Under "Speed" option > Optimization.

Then clear your browser cache and then give it a go. This is one known Cloudflare feature that causes this issue.

If this does not work which I assume it would, then try to test on a Xenforo default style with add-ons disabled to rule out any add-on or customizations that could be the cause of this.

If none of the above worked, contact your host, they will be able to help you as there could be misconfiguration on the server side.

Top Bottom