Browser issue iOS PWA: no way to go "back" when viewing image alone (like avatar)

nocte

Affected version
I am not sure, if this is something that can be addressed in XF core, so please move to a different section, if this is not a XF bug.

When you view an image without html around it (like when you tap on an avatar in a user's profile) in the iOS PWA, then you are stuck with the image. Only way to go "back" seems to be to close the PWA and open it again. Or is there another trick?

On iOS you can typically navigate back and forth by swiping from the edges of the screen, but like most gestures it's not super discoverable. We can't add a back button since it's not an HTML page, and I'm not too sure if we can trick the PWA to open images in a separate webview (like when linking to an external website).

On iOS you can typically navigate back and forth by swiping from the edges of the screen

Yeah, this report can be closed: I tried swiping, but was not exactly on the edge. I don't use iOS Safari to much, so I am not used to all gestures. In other apps it is sufficient to swipe from somewhere near the edge (I suppose)..

Works (y)

Top Bottom