vBulletin & XenForo Unification

Hello,

Not Good For My English With Google Translate'm Summer. Did You Drop It I Do Not Know About A Subject. Topics In Turkish, vBulletin 4.1.x Version is Said To Be The XenForo. We Are Puzzled That Those Who Wait. What is This Truth To Rumors ?

vBulletin 4.1 and XenForo have nothing to do with each other. They are absolutely unrelated.

I think the best way FOR ALL xF Fans are not always compare xF and VB. Give xF the chance to be a new star on the sky, a new innovative product. One day xF will be published in final release and somebody can change, if he will. So far we should also help the vb user communities (vbg, vb.com etc) they are the best in vb world. :)

I think the best way FOR ALL xF Fans are not always compare xF and VB. Give xF the chance to be a new star on the sky, a new innovative product. One day xF will be published in final release and somebody can change, if he will. So far we should also help the vb user communities (vbg, vb.com etc) they are the best in vb world. :)

No one says this is not the new star in forum software. Shoot, to me it already is a star and key player in the forum world. And i see it's star shining way past any of the others right now.

As a non vB owner, I'm getting a bit tired of all the references and comparisons to vB.

Why can't everyone just accept and appreciate XF for what it is?
Well, it's kinda hard to escape the comparison with vB as Kier and Mike used to be its lead developers. Besides, many of us here have been with vB for a long time and view XenForo as what vBulletin should've become. Looking at how good XenForo is turning out to be, I am happy now that Kier and Mike left vBulletin. So, everything happens for a good reason.:)

Well, it's kinda hard to escape the comparison with vB as Kier and Mike used to be its lead developers. Besides, many of us here have been with vB for a long time and view XenForo as what vBulletin should've become. Looking at how good XenForo is turning out to be, I am happy now that Kier and Mike left vBulletin. So, everything happens for a good reason.:)

I totally agree with you on this. Vb should have been this and much more, but Kier and Mike took their idea to the next level and are now formidable contenders in the community software. I for one can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

No one says this is not the new star in forum software. Shoot, to me it already is a star and key player in the forum world. And i see it's star shining way past any of the others right now.

I agree, xenForo is already a star. Many here are just waiting for the release of XF to rid themselves of the bad taste in their mouth that vB left.

Possibly from comments like, "XenForo is what vB4 should have been". I can see that easily being misinterpreted.

Yes these statements are confusing to some Im sure but the statement is facutal IMO. :rolleyes:

Most XF customers are vbulletin customers now.They run vbulletin software, and seek replacement for vbulletin features. They can't loose vbulletin content.
Trust in XF is based upon Kier, Mike and Ashleys performance with Jelsoft.

Most XF customers are vbulletin customers now.They run vbulletin software, and seek replacement for vbulletin features. They can't loose vbulletin content.
Trust in XF is based upon Kier, Mike and Ashleys performance with Jelsoft.
correct, the same developers are strongly connected with vB too ... :p

As a vB owner I fully accept and certainly appreciate XF for what it is. In my eyes it will change the landscape of webforums actually; this is the most innovate and UI-centered forum software I have seen in a -very- long time. However, as a vB owner one has to compare this software with vBulletin. Because of the simple fact we do not want to loose essential functionality when we decide to switch platforms. In fact, the reasons why I am unable to make the switch is because there are no integrated Blogs, Albums and there is no CMS solution yet. Etc. So, making comparisons for us is pretty needed.

So would you suggest non-vBulletin owners should make comparisons to the product(s) they currently use and then start demanding features that vBulletin may not currently have? Xen is not vBulletin as vBulletin is not Invision as Invision is not SMF.

One of the reasons I'm seeing a lot of excitment over Xen from the non-vBulletin world is the simplicity and surprisingly the lack of bloat inducing features. If Xen follows the path of the major forum products in implementing fanbois requested features for the sake of introducing them then Xen becomes just another Forum product.

I would certainly like to see an integrated gallery in due course, read sometime in the future when Kier and team have breathing space, but it's not a deal breaker for me as I can either knock something up using one of the js libraries or throw in a third party gallery if members really want a gallery.

For us the equation is simple, does Xen meet our requirements for a forum, that would be a big hell yes and it does it with style.

So would you suggest non-vBulletin owners should make comparisons to the product(s) they currently use and then start demanding features that vBulletin may not currently have? Xen is not vBulletin as vBulletin is not Invision as Invision is not SMF.

One of the reasons I'm seeing a lot of excitment over Xen from the non-vBulletin world is the simplicity and surprisingly the lack of bloat inducing features. If Xen follows the path of the major forum products in implementing fanbois requested features for the sake of introducing them then Xen becomes just another Forum product.

I would certainly like to see an integrated gallery in due course, read sometime in the future when Kier and team have breathing space, but it's not a deal breaker for me as I can either knock something up using one of the js libraries or throw in a third party gallery if members really want a gallery.

For us the equation is simple, does Xen meet our requirements for a forum, that would be a big hell yes and it does it with style.
:cool: many vBulletin users are actually against adding the majority of bloat from vBulletin to XenForo.

Often enough however, some things are used as an example, because they are a good and -attractive- idea feature.

A lot of what people are requesting is either pointless to the majority, or is cosmetic or an 'ooo feature', where its just there to be an addition to the bells and whistles.

No....

:cool: many vBulletin users are actually against adding the majority of bloat from vBulletin to XenForo.

Often enough however, some things are used as an example, because they are a good and -attractive- idea feature.

Exactly. One of the reasons why I like XenForo very much is it's bloat-free UI (and hopefully also its backend). But let's be fair... a CMS/Blog/Gallery is something there IS a very high demand for, not only from people who use vBulletin or Invision. Having said that, I am using the excellent vB3.8 and I do need Blogs and User Albums/Galleries back. It is not that I want every single feature from vBulletin into XenForo. But the things that we simply need I will request.

I'll play devil's advocate.

Although Xenforo appears to be heading in the right direction, and there doesn't seem to be a type of management structure in place to stifle development or have the project poop the bed, I'm cautiously optimistic about XenForo's release.

Being developer managed, and not releasing anything until "it's done", XenForo hopefully shouldn't have the types of problems other first releases have, but be careful what you wish for. There could be something in the design, features, administration, price, database, resources that may completely be a show stopper for somebody.

I'm not trying to be a hater, but I think a few people are willing to jump in the pool without testing the water first. Xenforo has got me excited about community forums and development again, but I've been excited before.

Maybe I'm just an old grump

Top Bottom