Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Hi all,

I have imported an Arabic VB3 forum, but the Arabic text in the final Xenforo forum is not encoded properly as shown in the attachment.
Would appreciate any input from anybody to help my figure out how to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Arabic Text.webp
    Arabic Text.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 6
Anybody out there who can tell we what this mean?

MySQL server has gone away.

Hi all,

I have imported an Arabic VB3 forum, but the Arabic text in the final Xenforo forum is not encoded properly as shown in the attachment.
Would appreciate any input from anybody to help my figure out how to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

You'll have to do a search and replace to fix the broken chacaters in MySQL.

You'll have to do a search and replace to fix the broken chacaters in MySQL.

Thanks for your response, Slavik.
The issue is not only with few broken characters, it is the whole alphabet. Is the search/replace solution recommended in this case as well?

Thanks for your response, Slavik.
The issue is not only with few broken characters, it is the whole alphabet. Is the search/replace solution recommended in this case as well?

This setting can be used for changing the character encoding:

Code:
	// USE THIS SETTING TO SPECIFY AN EXTRA PIPE FOR ALL OUTPUT RECORDS
	// EXAMPLE IS TO PIPE OUTPUT THROUGH iconv IF CHARACTER ENCODING CHANGES ARE NEEDED
	// '| iconv -f LATIN1 -t UTF8'
	public static $extraOutCommand = '| iconv -f LATIN1 -t UTF8';

It is at the top of the Export script.

After the avatars I get the following error - what can be the problem?

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
#0 Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('SELECT option_v...')
#1 Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT option_v...')
#2 Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('SELECT option_v...')
#3 Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT option_v...', Array)
#4 XenForo/Error.php(55): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne('SELECT option_v...')
#5 XenForo/Application.php(363): XenForo_Error::unexpectedException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#6 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#7 {main}

That error is caused by one of these MySQL settings being exceeded:

wait_timeout
max_allowed_packet

Your host or server person needs to increase these settings in MySQL. There is more info here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/gone-away.html

Thanks for your help - Slavik wrote me some lines so my export runs quite good and fast (10 mins.)

A question on the charset:
Must it set to binary? My final charset should be utf-8?
At the moment we use latin1 in vb. I use the iconv line which is coded in the export script.

My attachment import doesn't work first. Then I saw the attachment bugfix from Jake. Now the attachment export works, but from attachment to attachment there is a
Code:
sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string
or
Code:
sh: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
error. Maybe the attachment function doesn't handle attachment with special chars correctly?

Please include the attachment bugfix to the download file. Was quite hard for me to find the problem.

Update: The corresponding file name is
Code:
Konsole'.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - Export.php:1346
Generated By: Unknown Account, 52 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /var/www/xxx/htdocs/importtest2/Export.php(1346): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/var/www/xxx...', 1346, Array)
#1 /var/www/xxx/htdocs/importtest2/Export.php(1860): DigitalPointExporter->attachments()
#2 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(7) "http://"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This setting can be used for changing the character encoding:

Code:
    // USE THIS SETTING TO SPECIFY AN EXTRA PIPE FOR ALL OUTPUT RECORDS
    // EXAMPLE IS TO PIPE OUTPUT THROUGH iconv IF CHARACTER ENCODING CHANGES ARE NEEDED
    // '| iconv -f LATIN1 -t UTF8'

It is at the top of the Export script.

Thanks, Jake.
I am afraid I don't know what is it that I need to change in this code so that I change the character encoding from Latin1 to utf8.
Would you please helm with that?

Thanks, Jake.
I am afraid I don't know what is it that I need to change in this code so that I change the character encoding from Latin1 to utf8.
Would you please helm with that?

You need to alter LATIN1 to whatever character set you're currently using.

Last edited:
You need to alter LATIN1 to whatever character set your currently using.

Yes, but how?

I need to covert to utf8.
The line of code in my Exporter is:

What is it that I need to change in this line of code?

Thanks. .

Yes, but how?

I need to covert to utf8.
The line of code in my Exporter is:

What is it that I need to change in this line of code?

Thanks. .

That part which says LATIN1....

Hello everyone,

We've just started some test runs with the export/import procedure for migrating to XenForo from vBulletin 4, but unfortunately we can't seem to be able to export the user data.

View attachment 61735

This is everything we get from the command line, no errors, no anything. The xf_user.txt and xf_user_authenticate.txt files are both created, but are 0 bytes each (no content). And yes, we made sure that there were no commas in the usernames that we were trying to export.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how we can activate an error log of sorts to see what's wrong?

F1?

Are there any plans to develop this for other forum software (not just vBulletin) ?

No. The time investment is simply too high im afraid, to make this work with other softwares would essentially be a complete re-write as basically nothing could be re-used.

Any error in the xf error log?

None. The more annoying part is that the export for Posts for instance seems to work fine, but the one for Threads runs into the same issue as the Users when it has to process the Polls (pics attached). No errors, no anything, just returns to bash.

posts.webp threads.webp

Top Bottom