XF 2.0 vBulletin 4 with Blog importer - known issue

Kier

XenForo developer
Staff member
The current (2.0.1) version of the vBulletin 4 with vBulletin Blog importer will import Blog attachments from blogs created prior to installation of vBulletin 4, but will not yet import attachments that were created after the vBulletin 4 update. This will be resolved in the next release.

If you have a vBulletin 4 installation without the vBulletin Blog add-on, or if you are not interested in importing blog attachments, this issue will not affect you.

The vBulletin 3, vBulletin 3 with Blogs and vBulletin 5 importers currently have no known issues.

We are looking forward to the new version of the importer, for the transfer of vBulletin 4 (we are many) with blogs and attachments. How long will it take to wait for this update, at least an approximate time frame. Thank you in advance for your response!

What does all this mean in the importer 1.0.1a

Trying to import from vbulletin 4.2.4

ErrorException: [E_WARNING] htmlspecialchars_decode() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1326

1. XF::handlePhpError()
  2. htmlspecialchars_decode() in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1326
  3. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->mapUserFields() in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1177
  4. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->setupImportUser() in src/addons/XFI/Import/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 1008
  5. XFI\Import\Importer\vBulletin->stepUsers() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 160
  6. XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 74
  7. XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 232
  8. XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
  9. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
  10. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
  11. XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
  12. XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
  13. XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Sim

@hIBEES did you ever get an answer to that question?

I'm seeing the same error when trying to import an old vB 3.8 database into a new XF2 installation

@hIBEES did you ever get an answer to that question?

I'm seeing the same error when trying to import an old vB 3.8 database into a new XF2 installation
Hi Sim,

No... what I did was install xf1, use the built in importer then upgraded to xf2... took around 2-3 hours with manually watching and accepting each part but that worked for me bud.

Cheers