Fixed vBulletin 4.x with vBulletin Blog importer error

Affected version
2.1.8 Patch 2

pipin

Member
I know that feeling ... we'll have to shut down our board for two DAYS , because the importer isn't capable of incremental importing.

Our import lasted 6 hours longer then the import in the test installation with an older importer version.



FYI new migrated forum is up and running great :)

(to clarify, this was not the same parent_node_id undefined problem as mentioned before.. that part was fine in our install)

Grats. Were live too and shockingly our users didnt complain much. :D

Its still a bit disappointing that nobody seems to care about all the problems here in this thread.
 

duterte

Member
I also encountered this issue few times, sometimes its happening also in other php files other than vBulletinBlogTrait.php where you need to enter the node id. Depends on the case

If someone posted their issue, I will reply and try to help. If someone PM'd, I will also help. Not a problem for me ;)
 

TiKu

Member
How did you get past this? I'm getting the same error:

View attachment 233420
Well, I'm not sure that we (@pipin is a colleague) did select CAPTCHA questions to be imported. But we had a similar problem at one or two other steps (one of them should have been the blog posts). I remember that I digged into the importer code and did set the parent id to the id of an existing forum node. I'm not 100% sure that this did help, because I might be mixing up both cases and I remember that we tried several times to finish the import before it finally did work. For the other case(?) @pipin did find a workaround here in the forum.
 

redakston

New member
Well, I'm not sure that we (@pipin is a colleague) did select CAPTCHA questions to be imported. But we had a similar problem at one or two other steps (one of them should have been the blog posts). I remember that I digged into the importer code and did set the parent id to the id of an existing forum node. I'm not 100% sure that this did help, because I might be mixing up both cases and I remember that we tried several times to finish the import before it finally did work. For the other case(?) @pipin did find a workaround here in the forum.
We have 16 million posts and our first attempt at an import took more than 24 hours to get to the point where we started getting this error. We got errors for CAPTHCA, FAQ and smilies. Frustrating is an understatement when it comes to importing a database as big as our is with so many errors in the import process.
 

Zambfd

Member
We have 16 million posts and our first attempt at an import took more than 24 hours to get to the point where we started getting this error. We got errors for CAPTHCA, FAQ and smilies. Frustrating is an understatement when it comes to importing a database as big as our is with so many errors in the import process.
I know it isn't easy to extend the core import functions to check changes since the last import a.s.o. but it is frustrating that there is no incremental import function for this situations (huge boards). It is not an option to shut down your board (commercial community driven websites) for days just to import the old stuff. Leaving the old forum online while importing should be an option without paying external service providers for that (which is also no option - we do not want other companies or people accessing and scanning through our data - gdpr and stuff).

Btw. the importer ignored ~150k of 600k+ attachments ... :cautious:
 

XF Bug Bot

XenForo bug fixer bot
Staff member
Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XFI release (1.4.0).

Change log:
Fix creation of container node for imported vBulletin blogs
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.
 
Top