Resource icon

vBulletin Big Board Importer [vBulletin 3 + vBulletin 4] [Paid] 1.5.0

No permission to buy ($150.00)
Not yet, however you can just alter one of the other likes import code, just change the feild names to the ones your system uses.
Slavik I now have the importer working and I am ready to try and get the likes importing. I am not sure how to alter it because with my dbtech likes I have both thanks and likes and I need to import these into the one likes on xf. Here is the dbtech schema:
View attachment 55646 View attachment 55647

I am assuming this is what needs to be altered:
Code:
// Likes
     $start = microtime(true);
     echo "  post thanks as likes";
     exec('mysql -h' . $this->slaveDbHost . ' ' . $this->sourceDb . ' ' . $this->sourceDBuser . ' ' . $this->sourceDBpassword . ' -N -q -e "SET NAMES binary;SET @like_id = 0;SELECT SQL_NO_CACHE @like_id:=@like_id+1 AS like_id, \'post\' AS content_type, post_thanks.postid AS content_id, post_thanks.userid AS like_user_id, post_thanks.date AS like_date, post.userid AS content_user_id FROM post_thanks LEFT JOIN post ON (post.postid = post_thanks.postid) ORDER BY post_thanks.id" ' . self::$extraOutCommand . ' > ' . self::$dataDir . 'xf_liked_content.txt');
     echo " (" . number_format(intval(shell_exec('wc -l ' . self::$dataDir . 'xf_liked_content.txt'))) . ' records in ' .  number_format(microtime(true) - $start, 2) . "s)...\r\n";
     }
     else if (self::$doVbseoLikes)
     {
Can you please alter that so both dbtech likes and thanks will be imported over for me.
Thanks

Make Selection [1-9]: 5

performing avatar diff...

2,752 users with new avatars

<pre>

chmod: cannot access `data/avatars/s/0/*.*': No such file or directory

<pre>

chmod: cannot access `data/avatars/m/0/*.*': No such file or directory

<pre>

chmod: cannot access `data/avatars/l/0/*.*': No such file or directory

Total time for avatars: 0.07s

any advice for solving this issue?

Alright, just now getting around to this but we experienced an issue with some threads being imported with this script. We didn't catch it until it was too late unfortunately.

We still do have all the old data from the vBulletin forum. The thread and postids should match as well, since this was a fresh import. If they don't, we still have the archived log for them.

This thread: http://www.v6mustang.com/threads/3-8-gun-thread-post-yo-heat-nukkas.269610/

has no posts in it for some reason. This isn't the only one, but this is by far the largest one. I have no idea what happened during the import but this entire thread is missing content, though showing paged numbers:

1) How did this happen?

2) How can we retrieve the data from our vBulletin backup?

Pretty strange... the export function doesn't have any sort of filtering or anything going on when exporting posts. To be honest, the only thing I can really think of would be if the source post table in vBulletin had some sort of corruption/issue itself. If you still have the original vB table, any chance you could run a REPAIR TABLE on it to see if that may have been the case?

Just for reference I opened a ticket and Mike posted this:

Hi,

There isn't really a built in way to deal with that. I assume you used the big board importer, as the standard importer actually handles this case and doesn't import the thread. This is a situation that should never come up within XenForo.

I don't see an obvious way of detecting these threads efficiently as XenForo will simply not do a rebuild with them. You may be able to write a query to detect them based on where the first_post_id post doesn't actually exist. That shouldn't have any false positives but always take a backup just in case.

Regards,
Mike

Will give inspect the vb database here shortly.

Hi everybody.

I am trying to use the importer and I am getting the errors shown in the screenshots below.

qUr52.png

Qi8Ny.png

I would very much appreciate it if anyone can help me understand why I am getting these errors and how to fix them.

Note: I am importing from VB3.

Thank you in advance.

@maman I may be incorrect, but based on my experience if you simply export the items one at a time (instead of choosing option 9 "everything") you can get away with not having pcntl installed.

Thank you for the Super fast response, @Slavik.

Would you please elaborate about the " installed requirements " you are referring to here?

As for the second, the forum I am importing from has thousands of posts but it says here " 197 records", which makes me think there is something wrong here.

I am not really a techi guy, so please bare with me if I am asking you to state the obvious!

Thank you once again.

@kontrabass
Thank you for sharing this idea.

Actually, I tried that but I did not mange to get all the records imported. As illustrated by the second screenshot, the importer processed only 197 posts (out of thousands). Or maybe I am misinterpreting it?

@kontrabass
Thank you for sharing this idea.

Actually, I tried that but I did not mange to get all the records imported. As illustrated by the second screenshot, the importer processed only 197 posts (out of thousands). Or maybe I am misinterpreting it?

Code:
protected $sourceDb = 'DBNAME';
protected $slaveDbHost = 'localhost';
protected $sourceDBuser = '-uDBUSER';
protected $sourceDBpassword = '-pDBPASS';

Note not to overwrite the -u and -p when filling in user and pass.

I get an error with the Export.php-Script:
Code:
        11,374 users with new avatars
rm: cannot remove `/var/www/xxx/htdocs/community/importData/xf_post_*': No such file or directory
Is this important?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

We've just started some test runs with the export/import procedure for migrating to XenForo from vBulletin 4, but unfortunately we can't seem to be able to export the user data.

user export.webp

This is everything we get from the command line, no errors, no anything. The xf_user.txt and xf_user_authenticate.txt files are both created, but are 0 bytes each (no content). And yes, we made sure that there were no commas in the usernames that we were trying to export.

Any ideas on what might be causing this or how we can activate an error log of sorts to see what's wrong?

Last edited:
I get an error with the Export.php-Script:
Code:
        11,374 users with new avatars
rm: cannot remove `/var/www/xxx/htdocs/community/importData/xf_post_*': No such file or directory
Is this important?

No, I get that too. I think it's just that you don't have any existing xf_post_* files (from a previous export run) to prune first. So it says no such file.

After the avatars I get the following error - what can be the problem?

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77
#0 Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('SELECT option_v...')
#1 Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT option_v...')
#2 Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('SELECT option_v...')
#3 Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(825): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT option_v...', Array)
#4 XenForo/Error.php(55): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchOne('SELECT option_v...')
#5 XenForo/Application.php(363): XenForo_Error::unexpectedException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#6 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleException(Object(Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception))
#7 {main}

Top Bottom