XF 1.4 vbulletin and promotion problem

vbuser

vbulletin and promotion problem
I'd like to utilize xenforo's promotion capabilities such as likes and trophies. The problem is likes didn't exist in vB. If I implement a promotion that includes likes, my current usergroup will get demoted because they have no likes. Any suggestions?

The only workaround would be to use the manual promotion option in the control panel, as this will prevent a demotion. That would have to be applied to each user though.

I'm so happy...I read your reply and was discouraged but I went back and tested my existing members. They still had their permissions!

I'm wondering if it's because I had to batch update all my users? My existing members were all assigned primary usergroups and no secondary. I followed xenforo's recommended scheme of making everyone "registered" primary. Is this the case or is it to early for celebration?

Oh, I see what you mean now. I took "get demoted" to mean "not get promoted" but they are different. A user can only be demoted if they get the promotion first. If you just manually give them the group, they will keep it. (If they later met the promotion criteria, gained the promotion, and then no longer met the criteria, they would be demoted.)

Top Bottom