Resource icon

vBulletin 5 to Xenforo Importer 1.1.414.1

No permission to download
Has anyone used this for vb 5.3.0 to xf 1.5.13?

And the results if yes?

Getting ready to try it, and not a big fan of surprises. :)

5.3.0 should be the same database wise (I've not seen it).
If you want to know for sure. (I can send you the file if you haven't purchased Xenforo yet)
You will need to create a database for a mockup of Xenforo ) No need to create tables in it.
If the program loads up and reads all the forum info. Your good. If it doesn't. Let me know and I'll take a look.

XF 1.5.13 is the same database wise as far as I can tell.

Ok, I'll let you know how I make out.

I did purchase already, created a blank db, installed XF. I haven't made/entered anything other than admin credentials which are the same as the vb side. Created a virgin db backup. Will be doing the import tonight.

Line 8 and 14 What do you consider the absolute root?

Also, the instructions, as what i can see have a different file name than the actual php file name to run the script. When I run it I get a white page. I suspect I am close, but missing something.

Hello --

I'm trying to convert VB5.3.0 to the latest release of Xenforo.

I'm getting the following error from the converter:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on boolean in /var/www/html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php:225 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/html/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 225

I ran the converter on CentOS 7.3 / PHP 7.1 / MariaDB 5.5 and ran it from my Apache /var/www/html folder and my Xenforo is in /var/www/html/forums and my VB5 is in /var/www/html/forum.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Line 8 and 14 What do you consider the absolute root?

Also, the instructions, as what i can see have a different file name than the actual php file name to run the script. When I run it I get a white page. I suspect I am close, but missing something.

In regards to the above, my vb forum is in public_html and my xenforo is in a subfolder as is seen here [public_html/xenforo].

I'm not sure what to put in lines 8 and 14 of the php file.

Sorry guys, I'm out of town and don't have access to my pc that has everything atm.
I'll be back on the 9th when I can help more on this.
The reason the fetch_Assoc error is happening is because its not able to finish the query. Something is wrong.

The absolute path if your running centos. is something like, /var/www/public_html or something along those lines.
As for 8 and 14.
8 Should be:
define('XF_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']."/xenforo");

14:
define('VB_ROOT', $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']);

@Necrophyte -- FYI that a conversation over at TAZ has been brought up about a potential issue.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/is-it-possible-to-merge-two-vbulletin-5-installations.144707

Paul M said:
I see an obvious error in that - just from reading the description ;
This keeps the first user of Xenforo, your admin, and skips the first user of vBulletin which was your admin.
That's a completely incorrect assumption.
On a fresh XF install and a fresh vB install you'd be likely correct with the assumption that User ID 1 are admins but over time it becomes less likely that User ID 1 is always the admin on both the XF & vB sides.

If anyone has an issue with how I coded it, because the first user in their vBulletin site is no longer the admin, and they want to keep them as a user.
They can continue the installation as normal. And when all is done. Go into the user editor. Make the admins as needed, and add the details of the first user to replace the Xenforo admin. Username, email etc. And then remove that user from admin.
I'm willing to help anyone who has that issue and is using my converter.

I'm also willing to help with custom applications that require a little more effort. Just have to be patient. It is free after all :)

Can you do? Thank you!!! Keeping the IDs like posts, threads, members, are important so we can make 301 redirect.
btw, forum to be converted has 5 million posts :LOL::LOL::LOL:
-
Edit,
What are the data that will be converted? Post, Threads, Members, is there a list?

Thanks! This plugin is a life saver..

Hello Necrophyte, Thanks for making this script, but hoping you can help me getting it running.
So far I have been trying to get the script setup and run, but all i get is a blank screen with a 500 internal server error when I try and run it.
I noticed in your initial post it mentions that the script is assuming everything is on the same server, so I am wondering if that might be my problem?
Is this script able to handle 2 servers, or do both instance have to be on the same server?
The server that my vb5 instance is on is an old legacy server that we need to upgrade while making the switch off of vb5 to xenforo. Xenforo is installed on the new server at /public_html/dev and is setup as a subdomain of the main site
If that not the issue, then any other thoughts on what might be the issue?

You can do the database transfer stuff with two servers no problem.
However if you want to move the smilies and such. You'll need to copy the vbulletin folder over since there really isn't a way to copy files from one server to another without some sort of ftp login which could be done but I wanted this to be simple.
You're getting a 500 internal because there is an error somewhere on connecting to the DB I'm guessing. You'll need to turn errors on in PHP to your server to see what exactly the errors are.
The next couple of days I'm swamped with other work, but I should be able to assist you more the beginning of the week.
Something you can try while waiting..
Make sure the server that you are connecting to from the script has port 3306 open and that the MYSQL user has remote access to the database you're connecting to.

Hmm, well then something must be wrong with my config. Ill see if I can find and turn on the error logging to get more info, and Ill check the ports as you suggest. Thanks

Okay, after some digging I finally figured out how to turn on the errors and I also verified that the port is listening.
So now when I run the script I get the following error

Warning: require_once(/home/marinecolorado/public_html/dev/dev/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/marinecolorado/public_html/dev/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/home/marinecolorado/public_html/dev/dev/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/marinecolorado/public_html/dev/convert_vb5_to_xenforo.php on line 131

It appears that it is duplicating my document root path. Should only be one /dev in there, but its looking in /dev/dev, which doesnt exist. I tried a few variation, and tried even just leaving it blank, but cant seem to get it to work. Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Top Bottom