Resource icon

vBulletin 5 to Xenforo Importer 1.1.414.1

No permission to download
I fixed the URL for threads (removed /forum in line 1040 and 1043) and for posts (removed _bwc in lines 1142 and 1145).

Now I have issues with converting likes,I get - Notice: Undefined offset: 4031 in /usr/local/www/nginx/mgftw_com/convert_vb5_xen1512.php on line 1204

There is almmost 100 lines with this error but different offset number.

Yep, That is ok.
vBulletin 5 did not delete likes if the post was deleted.
Its looking for the post the like was associated with, and it can't find the post.

Did you have your attachments in the DB or in files,
PM. is because your members are not all there. same issue,
line 276
$row2['d_member'] >= $row['member'] change to $row2['d_member'] >= 2

You'll need to use the admincp to make the attachments as files.
As I mentioned to lloyd. At this moment I don't know how to access the files in the DB.

Also don't forget when you run the thread cache rebuild to click the Rebuild position and post counters. This will fix the 300+ post on one page :)

Ok, I'll try that tommorow.

When I try to rebuild thread informations i get this error An exception occurred: Illegal string offset 'tag' in /usr/local/www/nginx/mgftw_com/library/XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php on line 58

I did try that fix that you adviced to Lloyd but it doesn't help, error is still there.

There's also this errors:

Server Error
Illegal string offset 'tag'

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 58
  2. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->_insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Abstract.php at line 275
  3. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Abstract->insertIntoIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 145
  4. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->quickIndex() in XenForo/Search/DataHandler/Post.php at line 115
  5. XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post->rebuildIndex() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 74
  6. XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  7. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  8. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  9. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/local/www/nginx/mgftw_com/admin.php at line 13

Will need to remove the tag all together then.
Line 822
`tags`)
Change to just
)
Line 866 I think you changed to
'')
Now needs to be
)

Then re run threads again.

Ahh ok,

Line 881 and 885
/forum
remove that
Lloyd must have noticed that and fixed himself.

Yep, I've been fixing the re-directs myself with each update. :)

I thought I was all finished and good to go, so I ran the cache rebuilds. Unfortunately, as soon as I was done, every post disappeared from my site. Sigh. I give up today, will start with a fresh build tomorrow. Happy we're getting the file and process ironed out, though!

I also started all over again, installed fresh xenforo 1.5.12 and did the conversion without problems but now I don't have threads and posts at all, even tho they do exist in xf database. I'v tried with and without rebuilding but I got same result - threads and post are not showing.

@Necrophyte I've done my fresh install today and I think I see what's happening. If I run the import without making your changes to lines 882 and 886, the posts come over completely, but you can't run any of the cache rebuilds due to the "Illegal String Offet - Tag" error. You have a forum with the correct structure but the posts all show up on page one of a topic, and none of the statistics are correct.

After making your changes to 882 and 886 you are then able to run the import again and rebuild all the caches without error, but when that's done you're left with an empty forum - no posts, statistics, etc. The structure is still there, but it looks like the posts either aren't there or can't display.

So what we have to figure out at this point is how to still get the data to import, but w/o the tag offset error.

Same thing on my forum.

I also noticed that when I click on some post link inside "new posts" block in sidebar I get a error(post can't be found) but when I look at the forums post is there and I can opet it with no problems. I think that this is because we can't rebuild caches and search index.

Please fix this as I realy need it to work :)

I've been trying some different ideas on my own while we're waiting for Necrophyte to return, but as I'm not an expert in the code I'm mostly just guessing. So far no matter how I've swung it, if you make those modifications to lines 822 and 886, the caches will then rebuild but the messages don't import at all, leaving you with a blank site. I may try one other idea, do the import with the 'tag' issue and then see if I can address that another way. Will post any progress I make.

Sorry guys I missed these posts. I was expecting my email notifications but I didn't see any.
The tags code I removed in the last update, as I don't seem to have that right.

Once you can run the rebuild cache, all the other stuff will work proper.

If this new version hasn't worked for you I'll sit down and fiddle with it.
The other option. Is if one of you can give me access to your dev db in a pm, so I can see what your coming up against in the conversion, that maybe I'm not.

I'm going to be out of pocket for a week as of April 16th and won't be available again till the 24th.
So I'd like to try and get this sorted for you guys before then.

I'm willing to give it one more go Necrophyte, and failing that don't mind giving you access to my dev site. However, the latest file update I have from you is 4 April, which is what's showing on the site here, and it does have the tag code in it. Did you have a newer version to post?

Top Bottom