1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vbulletin 4.x to Xenforo? ...and some questions

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Loremaster, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Loremaster

Loremaster New Member

I am completely fed up with vBulletin and just recently came across Xenforo. Are there scripts available to move my site over? Also, I have a highly customized theme for my vB install and I was wondering how difficult it would be having that moved over as well (I have a designer that can do all of the technical work, but I won't bother if it's something that needs to be completely redone)

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Loremaster

Loremaster New Member

Do you know if elements of the theme can be ported over? Or is the structure of xF completely different?

4. Brogan

It's completely different.

You can try the online demo here: Admin Demo

5. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

If you have a look over this forum there are an increasing number of ex-vB users who made the change, and although little in the way of their customisation could be ported over, and they are missing a number of features, they don't regret making the move.

ManagerJosh likes this.
  6. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

Brogan likes this.
  7. Brogan

Oops!

Well spotted.

SchmitzIT likes this.
  8. SchmitzIT

SchmitzIT Well-Known Member

When the Brogan Bot needs a changing of oil, the Peter Puter will be vigilant :D

Brogan likes this.