XF 1.2 Importing vB 4.x to xenForo

Nnirvi

Hi!

I'm trying to import a rather large vBulletin database to xF. I only have the sql dump - for now I have no access to the current vB installation so I can't access its config.php.

I was able to bring the sql to a database on the same server as the xF installation. However, when I try to import the data inside xF, I get the error "The table prefix or database name is not correct."

The db name is correct and unless HeidiSQL hides table prefixes somehow, there are none. Any ideas? Someone mentioned that the error might be result of incomplete db which would suck at this point because importing the dumb to the server took roughly 20 hours.

How was the dump made BTW? mysqldump?

In normal circumstances, you can't import from a remove MySQL server. It certainly is possible if the firewall doesn't block it and MySQL permissions are setup to allow external connections, though. That said, it's not something we normally recommend; it will be noticeably slower.

I don't know how the dump was made, I received it from the client. It was a .zip with a password that was extracted to a .sql file.

Does that "pelitdump.user table not found" mean that the db should include a table named user? Because there doesn't seem to be one.

Does that "pelitdump.user table not found" mean that the db should include a table named user? Because there doesn't seem to be one.
Yes. If it's not there (and none of the other tables have prefixes), it must be an incomplete dump. (So, effectively corrupt.)

Top Bottom