vBulletin 4 to XenForo Importer [Deleted]

Attachments, avatars, and generally any files you're porting over 755 or 777 (It varies on server setups)

As for the modification it's self?! :confused: Files are 644 and folders are 755 --- That's default XenForo.
Extracting the files using default Mac OSX Archive Utility and the "upload" directory always have 0700 permission. Quite strange. I have never experienced problem in extracting other archives.

Extracting the files using default Mac OSX Archive Utility and the "upload" directory always have 0700 permission. Quite strange. I have never experienced problem in extracting other archives.
I have no idea why you're having an issue. I can say that no one else here has had this issue. It was zip up using Ubuntu built in zip tool.

Can re-zip it again to make it easier for you, but this maybe an issue on your end if you're using your server to un-zip it for you.

Re-zip.

If this doesn't work for you... It's on your end and I really can not correct it (sorry)
Tried your new file. Same result.

I also uploaded the file to my server (BlueHost)

Code:
$uname -a
Linux box680.bluehost.com 2.6.32-20120131.55.1.bh6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jan 31 15:43:27 EST 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm using this command to extract the archive

Code:
$unzip vBulletin4-Importer-3.6b2.zip

And this is the result

Code:
$ls -l
total 44
drwxr-xr-x  3 xxxxx xxxxx  4096 Sep  3 01:27 ./
drwx--x--- 24 xxxxx nobody    4096 Sep  3 01:27 ../
-rw-rw-r--  1 xxxxx xxxxx  1653 Aug  8 20:11 1st-Read-ME.txt
-rw-rw-r--  1 xxxxx xxxxx  848 Nov 23  2011 addon-vb4ToXf11.xml
drwx------  3 xxxxx xxxxx  4096 Aug  8 20:08 upload/

The add-on works for me (I used "chmod -R 0755 upload") but it may not work for others so you should definitely check this thing.

What was the results of un-zipping this on your own computer and then uploading the files (not much to upload any way)?

You're the only person who's had this problem.

I've actually come across a bug in which I do not understand, nor has ever been reported before

PHP:
Server Error

UNKNOWN_ERROR

xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Bitly->doCall() in xenCODE/Socialize/Stuff/Bitly.php at line 173
    xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Bitly->shorten() in xenCODE/Socialize/DataWriter/Threads.php at line 22
    xenCODE_Socialize_DataWriter_Threads->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
    XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1478
    XenForo_Model_Import->importThread() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 2296
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

PHP:
BitlyException: UNKNOWN_ERROR - library/xenCODE/Socialize/Stuff/Bitly.php:72
Generated By: Adam, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace

PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/xenCODE/Socialize/Stuff/Bitly.php(173): xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Bitly->doCall('shorten', Array)
#1 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/xenCODE/Socialize/DataWriter/Threads.php(22): xenCODE_Socialize_Stuff_Bitly->shorten('http://www.soci...')
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(580): xenCODE_Socialize_DataWriter_Threads->save()
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/Import.php(1478): XenForo_Model_Import->_importData(45, 'XenForo_DataWri...', 'thread', 'thread_id', Array)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php(2296): XenForo_Model_Import->importThread(45, Array)
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php(77): XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepThreads(0, Array)
#6 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(180): XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep(Object(Ext_Controller_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'threads', 0, Array)
#7 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(232): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep(Object(Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'threads', 0, Array)
#8 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php(175): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep(Object(Tinhte_XenTag_XenForo_Importer_vBulletin), Object(XenForo_ImportSession), 'threads', Array)
#9 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep()
#10 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(67) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/admin.php?import/start-step"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["import/start-step"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(2) {
    ["step_threads"] => string(24) "Import Threads and Posts"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1347572299,5a21d7ba6ef534548235d04f667c4ab979bc07b8"
  }
}

I think I need to update my own instructions to include that you should disable all add-ons before import. .... Yes, this would be a good idea.

Can this be run multiple times? For example - my forum has over 57k users and 4.5M posts. So, rather than close the board for a day (or more), could I run the import against yesterday's backup, then run it again in a week and have it only import the differences?

Also - I seem to be getting this error on my test-site when I go to 'Import External Data'

GTd3G.png

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Guess someone else will have to repack and upload since Jake predicted that one would get upset and go on a mass deleting spree of their add-ons...

Whenever I get involved in addon disputes it always ends with one person deleting all of their addons and rage quitting

Sad that this person deleted this one, one that many rely on to move to xenForo.

Guess someone else will have to repack and upload since Jake predicted that one would get upset and go on a mass deleting spree of their add-ons...

Sad that this person deleted this one, one that many rely on to move to xenForo.
No mass deleting spree. Most of my resources are still on here.

Just a required change of policy in regarding to shared content. Shame such a policy change was needed, but it is what it is.

I wish whom ever develops their own importer the very best of luck. :)

Top Bottom