• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

btw, it would be nice if all guest accounts or banned accounts that are showing as "guest" could NOT be removed.
I've had to ban and prune users in the past and none of their old post are converted from vb 4 to xf.

Live and learn, I'm not worried about it now I lost a couple hundered post and messed up several threads.
I'm sure I'll merg a site at some point that also has accounts marked as guest that I would still like the content to be transferred.

Please, make changes in following addition release.
I'm not much for regex, but if that works for both types I'll happily change it.

btw, it would be nice if all guest accounts or banned accounts that are showing as "guest" could NOT be removed.
I dont really understand what you mean by this.
Accounts are not removed because they are banned, and what is a "Guest" account exactly ?

I'm not much for regex, but if that works for both types I'll happily change it.

I dont really understand what you mean by this.
Accounts are not removed because they are banned, and what is a "Guest" account exactly ?
okay It's like this.

I had an old blog post and someone you may know as "mrgtb" had registered on my vb forum and had replied to my (vb blog) post.
Well long story short, I banned and deleted his account. In vbulletin, you could still see the replies he name but his account, or title, was as "guest" since his account had been deleted.

Well when I imported over to xf, none of his old replies came over so in that particular blog post it looks like I replies to myself 5 times when on the vb side I could see his old replies too.

Hope that clears things up, it's not a huge deal but it would of been nice to know about that. I've deleted other accounts while we're on vb, but I haven't looked any of those threads or post up to see if they transferred to vb or not.

Oh, you mean posts that actually have no userid associated with them (Guest posts).

The code that imports posts is the standard XF supplied code, which I guess ignores posts with no valid userid, not anything Ive done.

Without more time to check, Im not sure if XF can actually handle Guest posts, possibly, not which would explain why it strips them out.

I only have access to the vb4 importer code at work, but there is nothing in it that skips a guest post, it passess it to the XF post importer with a userid of zero.

Paul M, please change remap quotes procedure. In new version this procedure only search another format quote, but not change it without this modified code:
Code:
        $post['pagetext'] =  preg_replace('/\[QUOTE="?(.+);(' . $oldPostId . ')"?\]/i', '[QUOTE="$1, post: ' . $newPostId . '"]', $post['pagetext']);

Anyone figure out a good solution for importing signature files?

I do not mind jumping through a few hoops. :)

That will depend any a number of things, such as how easy it is to implement, and more importantly, on what free time I have - my time for free stuff is obviously rather limited now.

Paul, first off, thanks for the importer, our charity (and its fairly large board) definitely wouldn't be able to convert without your script. In our test conversions we're running into one small 'showstopper'- the importer hangs at 27.3% while importing blogs.
We've recreated this once already. Since we're not generating an error, I'm not sure what log would give the most useful info-I assume it's something specific in a blog that's hanging the process, but I'm not sure where to look. (in a log file in the database?) Any help is appreciated!
Edit: looking in the vB database & the import log, I can see that the importer was initially hanging on a couple blog entries with a deleted author. (probably better to throw an error of give an opportunity to add a valid author)
Restarted the test import again after deleting all of the entries in the blog & blog_text tables that referenced the deleted authors....and it hangs again, on a perfectly valid blog entry with 19 comments. I checked the text encoding, did a repair & optimize on the tables.

Top Bottom