• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Will this importer import group post?

This is what is imported:

Code:
'userGroups' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_user_groups')
            ),
            'users' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_users'),
                'depends' => array('userGroups')
            ),
            'avatars' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_custom_avatars'),
                'depends' => array('users')
            ),
            'privateMessages' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_private_messages'),
            ),
            'visitorMessages' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_profile_comments'),
            ),
            'forums' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_forums'),
                'depends' => array('userGroups')
            ),
            'moderators' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_moderators'),
                'depends' => array('forums', 'users')
            ),
            'threads' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_threads_and_posts'),
                'depends' => array('forums', 'users')
            ),
            'polls' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_polls'),
                'depends' => array('threads')
            ),
            'reputation' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_positive_reputation'),
            ),
            'social' => array(
                'title' => 'Import Social Groups',
            ),
            'sgimages' => array(
                'title' => 'Import Social Group Images',
                'depends' => array('social')
            ),
            'albums' => array(
                'title' => 'Import Albums',
            ),
            'blogs' => array(
                'title' => 'Import Blogs',
            ),
            'articles' => array(
                'title' => 'Import CMS Articles',
            ),
            'attachments' => array(
                'title' => new XenForo_Phrase('import_attached_files'),
                'depends' => array('threads','blogs','articles')
            ),

How to get the importer to import users and keep the same user id. I have a second database that people post to that saves their user id and username to link them back to teh forum and need the user id's to match up or it will cause a whole list of problems.

You cannot do that.
Would it cause a error?

How would I get the second database to convert the user id's? Since I save the username and the userid in the second table could I write a script that would match the username and convert the userid in the second table This is going to be a pain to convert over to Xenforo. I have multibal database tables that saved the userid and username to link back to the forum. So I will have to write multipal conversion scripts. it would be much easier to keep the same userid.

What is stopping us from using the same userids?

The user IDs are created sequentially during the import; any gaps in the existing database are skipped.
So for example, 1, 2, 8, 17, 25 will become 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

One possible way to do it would be to create dummy users filling in the gaps in the current database.
Then delete them after the import.

Of course, that may not be feasible depending on how many users you have.

It shouldn't be too difficult to create scripts to do it though.

Well I am going to start working on it tonight. I will probably have tons of questions as I am converting a whole site running through vBulletin to a site running through Xenforo. I use the user auth on many of other pages through the site I have feeling it will take me a good month to convert everything. I wish it was easier. LOL

I realise this is an unsupported add-on running against a Beta version of Xen, but has anyone succeeded in importing to 1.1 Beta 1?

At the importing users stage, I receive the error:
The field 'identities' was not recognised.

I realise this is an unsupported add-on running against a Beta version of Xen, but has anyone succeeded in importing to 1.1 Beta 1?

At the importing users stage, I receive the error:
Haven't tried, myself, but you could always just import into a previous version of XF and then upgrade to 1.1.

Actually on second thoughts it'd be freaking awesome if Paul M does find the time to upgrade this add-on, though I realise the Beta was only released today and that Paul now has limited time available.
Still, being able to migrate user profile fields would be something that I'm very interested in

It would be nice to see an upgrade to work with xF 1.1. We are thankfully waiting this importer to rip maximum juice out of our vB installation including all new goodness in xF 1.1 like thread prefixes, notices, profile fields and whatnot. :)

I dont want to keep people guessing so I'll post this now.

Im afraid that as stated above, and in the first post of this thread, my commitments elsewhere mean this is largely unsupported by me atm - quite simply, I dont have the time. This means I wont be able to look at updating it for XF 1.1.x for a while, if at all. Kier & Mike are free to take it over if they so wish, I dont imagine it would take them very long to fix it up for 1.1 - failing that, if anyone else wants to take over maintaining this, then let me know.

Paul,

Thanks for the update. Understand your other commitments and you have done a lot by releasing this in the first place. The best thing is that you posted an update, which lets people see the state of things and allows someone (hopefully one of the talented developers reading) to potentially pick up the mantle.

Paul M you have done wonderful job in this importer :) thank you
we are waiting for you to update it, unless someone as brave and talented as you comes up and finish it:unsure:

How to get the importer to import users and keep the same user id. I have a second database that people post to that saves their user id and username to link them back to teh forum and need the user id's to match up or it will cause a whole list of problems.
This is highly advanced stuff, although I don't understand why it is not standard. It is much easier not even to store the old IDs and you could avoid all the ID-redirects etc. There are two methods keeping the same ID: First do it on the importer side and second do it on the source community side. I am aiming for the second approach as I do know databases and have knowledge of the source forum software, but I am totally new to xenforo and its importer. Here you find more information:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/import-with-the-same-ids-as-former-product.20028/

I think whoever runs Xenforo can send you a donation on my part, as this importer is the only reason I could switch to Xenforo from vBulletin ;)

Top Bottom