• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer

Arrrgh, I'm trying to run this and am getting server 500's.

:(

Some further information:

Fatal error: Class 'XenForo_Importer_Abstract' not found in D:\Websites\Site\XF\library\XenForo\Importer\vBulletin4.php on line 10

Going from VB 4.1.5 to 1.0.4

I'd suggest you re-upload all the XF files, since its complaining it cannot find the basic XF importer class.

Just to add to the fray: I ran this importer on a forum today as a test, and it imported everything without any problems. :) The real test will be if we decide to do the big board with 6 million posts. I just have to convince the site owner to switch.

Just to add to the fray: I ran this importer on a forum today as a test, and it imported everything without any problems. :) The real test will be if we decide to do the big board with 6 million posts. I just have to convince the site owner to switch.
Hopefully, it'll work like a breeze. I converted my near 1 million posts board without any major hiccup and am so very glad I did. I've shared the experience, if it may help.

Uploaded all files again, with same results.
OK, I feel like a total idiot. I was trying to run the importer directly via the PHP (browsing to VBULLETIN4.PHP), instead of going through the AdminCP.

All works fine. Please lob tomatoes at me now.

All works fine. Please lob tomatoes at me now.

La-Tomatina-Festival-17-600x400.jpg

Ouch, one of those was green.

Paul - Question for you. I did a test import, and had an issue with the avatars. I then did another one, but it looks like the board statistics doubled the amount of threads/posts.

Do you anticipate putting in any kind of function where you can blow away any existing data, and run the section you need to import (similar to IPB)?

Hopefully, it'll work like a breeze. I converted my near 1 million posts board without any major hiccup and am so very glad I did. I've shared the experience, if it may help.

Our big board is still on 3.x, so I think it will convert easily as well. We are one of those vB license holders who bought the new 4.x license in order to maintain our 3.x board, with plans to possibly migrate to 4.x in the future...until we saw what a trainwreck the future would look like with the new version. :D

It'll be either XenForo, or nothing. :D

Just importing from a UTF-8 board.

1. Import of usergroups works
2. Import of forums in general ok, but all special characters are stripped.
3. Import of users holds after around 1.000 successfull imports with this message

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'G' for key 2
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 618
XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 941
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 744
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 534
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 118
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Special characters from usernames are also not imported, even if both source and target database are utf8_general_ci and I told the vb4 importer that database format is "UTF-8".

It works, you have to give exactly the same charset as you used in vbulletins includes/config.php

In my case it is "utf8"

Hi everbody

what can I do to get the user import working:
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'küppi' for key 'username'

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1500
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1489
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 618
XenForo_Model_Import->importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 941
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 744
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->_importOrMergeUser() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4.php at line 534
XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 166
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 118
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionImport() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxx/htdocs/xenforo-test/admin.php at line 13

You have two records with the same username (which should never happen) - you need to remove (or rename) one of them.

I just queried in phpmyadmin for the key username küppi and there is only one entry.
There is also a entry "kuppi" - a different user which differs in the char ü/u
Maybe the german umlauts makes the trouble?

Update: I just renamed the user kuppi and whohooo the import goes ahead. Seams the importer have trouble with the umlauts. My db-charset is latin1

Top Bottom