• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

vBulletin 4 Importer To XenForo 1.1

Here's updated version of myvbulletin4.php (replace the file in Marioman's importer), with added steps (from Paul's importer) for importing social groups, social group images, albums, blogs and cms articles (all imported as threads).

Please don't ask for support.

Edit: If you are going to import with the same ids, then when you install xenforo and it asks you for admin, it's good that you put the username and email of admin with id 1 in the vb database. Otherwise it will mix up the info of the 2 admins.

This version is outdated and doesn't import attachments for CMS articles. Make sure to use the latest version which fixes that.

Attachments

Here's updated version of myvbulletin4.php (replace the file in Marioman's importer), with added steps (from Paul's importer) for importing social groups, social group images, albums, blogs and cms articles (all imported as threads).

Please don't ask for support.

Edit: If you are going to import with the same ids, then when you install xenforo and it asks you for admin, it's good that you put the username and email of admin with id 1 in the vb database. Otherwise it will mix up the info of the 2 admins.

Awesome indeed!!!

It would be great if Marioman can update his file with this one so that people can download from first post....

Thanks!

It said Imported 22,434 items on the Threads and P0sts, but VBulletin shows
Threads 23,881
90,423. What's going on here? Do I need to start over?

MAybe you set the Setting in vB, that deleted Threads abd posts do not decrease the counter? Of they are only soft-deleted?

In my Test-Import the Profile-Fields were imported, but the content from the fields not. And the Avatars are missing. Anyone an idea why?

I soft deleted post as a test. My counters decreased on vBulletin, so the statistics are correct. So why did all of my posts not get imported?

Ok after importing again, its still the same number, but still the same number.

The rebuilding of cache for some reason says:
Rebuilding...Threads 36,887
and still going

My vBullletin only had 23,000 threads, and 90,000 posts, whats going on here? Also I didn't import the product the second time around, does this matter? It didn't seem like anything important was in the .xml file?

MAybe you set the Setting in vB, that deleted Threads abd posts do not decrease the counter? Of they are only soft-deleted?
In my Test-Import the Profile-Fields were imported, but the content from the fields not. And the Avatars are missing. Anyone an idea why?

Maybe you're importing with the same ids and it has mixed up the info for vbulletin and xenforo first user? If that's the case, did you check the other users? Is their contents missing too?

Just thought I'd post to say a massive thank you to everyone who contributed to this import script.

I ran it last night on our live server (480,000 posts and 5GB of attachments) without a single hitch, just a few node permissions to tweak!

Here's how it performed on my server (Core i7 950 with 8GB RAM):
LCFNO.png

I ran a test import last week and it worked great. -- Took a long time but I suppose that's my server.

I noticed the vBulletin upgrade to 4.1.10 changed attachment file names (the importer said so), don't know why but is this tool affected?

In my testing the only thing not working are the attachments .. the same is imported but the XF's time to order any attachment says that the system does not exist.
more precisely the attachments of articles .. the rest of the attachments work perfectly in forum

Source: vbulletin 4.1.9
destination: XF 1.1.1

I took the test again using the XF 1.1.2 and the "bug" continues .. the problem is the change made by Mr svetoslav80

Attachments of the articles are not attached to the CMS XF ..

sorry my bad english

Modified importer version 2 (Link to my first post)
- fixed the bug with with attachments missing from imported CMS content
- added an option to import post likes from "Helpful answers" addon

Notes: Although the "import attachments" button is enabled right after you import the posts, attachments should be the LAST thing you import (after the blogs, CMS articles and other stuff) . Otherwise it won't work. The button is enabled on purpose for people who don't want to import blogs and articles. This version required a minor change in the xenforo_dir\library\XenForo\Importer\vbulletin.php, so you should replace the file with my version, but remember to make a backup first.

Attachments

Top Bottom