1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Xenforo 1.2 Importer To Xenforo 1.2 Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DRE, Jul 28, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Will this work?

If I install a Xenforo on a subfolder on my domain like mysite.com/test

Then use the Xenforo 1.2 importer to Xenforo 1.2 to import my site there.

Delete my Xenforo 1.2 from mysite.com and the old database.

Copy the new Xenforo 1.2 from mysite.com/test over to mysite.com

Wala. My site is the same, the only difference is the thread, post, conversation, profile posts and user ids?

and the fact that it hasn't transferred over old addon information (that I no longer use) from the old database?
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Don't use it. It wasn't supposed to be shipped yet.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

But to answer my question, can I do this? I don't care about search engine optimization anymore since my site is private. I just want a fresh start and my database has given me issues in the past.
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it works just like any other importer. But don't use it yet, it wasn't supposed to ship until the next release.
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

An importer should not be used to remove add-on content.

Uninstall the add-ons and remove the files from the server.
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I need it to get rid of the old addon content from the database. Simply uninstalling addons does not fully remove some addons from the database. There are several addons that have broken and booby-trapped my forum simply after the mere attempt of uninstalling them.
  7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In which case you should feed that back to the developers so they can correct the problems with them.

Uninstalling an add-on should always remove any changes made to the database.
    MattW and Jeremy like this.