Converting to XenForo Question and Refund Policy?

BT10

Big fan of XenForo and its community. I recently started using Flarum and I love that software. However, as my forum get more members and I'm starting to commercializing it, I want to be on a more stable forum software. XenForo seems to be the perfect fit for that. I was able to find someone to help me convert from Flarum to XenForo. However, they had never done it before but said that after looking through my Flarum's database it is doable. They can help only help me convert Forums, Topics, Posts and Members over to XenForo.

My questions:

1. In case of where the migration doesn't fully go through or work, will I be able to request for a refund with XenForo (if I purchased XenForo and no one can help me convert it I'm literally left with nothing except a XenForo license that I can not use. Hope you guys understand this)

2. The conversion service said that they won't be able to help with the redirection in URLs. Do you guys currently have an extension that automatically redirect all my old posts to new XenForo URL? If not, does that mean I'm going to have to manually copy and paste new and old URL into the .htaccess file?

This whole migration process is still new to me. Would love to hear comments and answers about this.

Yes, we do have a refund policy and would refund if you are unable to get XF to work for you.

I'm not aware of any redirection scripts for Flarum, but if you preserve IDs, you should be able to use standard rewrite rules in .htaccess.

Yes, we do have a refund policy and would refund if you are unable to get XF to work for you.

I'm not aware of any redirection scripts for Flarum, but if you preserve IDs, you should be able to use standard rewrite rules in .htaccess.

Thank you for your answer. So for Flarum, they have a few redirect in place already, for the current platform of course.

Here is an example: Say I create a new post, that post will have a unique post ID (let's give it 34)

The standard and canonical URL for that post would be: domain.com/d/34-new-post. However, if you go to domain.com/d/34 it will redirect you to that new post automatically. Furthermore, for every new comments posted under that post, the permalink for that comment would be domain.com/d/34/3 (3rd comment in that post).

My question now is, is it possible to bulk redirect all that to the new URL after migrating to XenForo?

Top Bottom