Just purchased xenForo, question before starting....

marshreef

Little background first. I've got a 15 year old well established vBulletin site up and running right now. I've decided to make the switch to xenForo after much research and just bought a license. My plan is to keep my site up and running at www.mysite.org for now on host A. I also own www.mysite.net on host B. During my transition to xenForo I will also switch my hosting company. Before all that I would like to use www.mysite.net on host B as a test site. I want to set up xenForo and play with it for a couple months getting it set up like I want while my established site stays active and untouched.

My .org site (host A) is the active live site. My .net site (host B) will be my test site for now. Once I'm ready to make the final switch I will redirect my .org site to host B and convert it from my test site to my live site. So here is my question.

After purchasing my license I'm seeing a License Detail page asking for my Site Title and Site URL. Do I enter my test site details OR my live site details? Does it matter at this point? What is this info used for?

Now:
.org site host A 500 users won't be touched.
.net site host B test site for 2-3 months.

Goal:
.org site redirected to host B where xenForo test site is and make live to users. Delete all vBulletin files on host A and cancel account.

After purchasing my license I'm seeing a License Detail page asking for my Site Title and Site URL. Do I enter my test site details OR my live site details? Does it matter at this point? What is this info used for?
You can enter the temporary URL or what will be the final URL - it doesn't matter.

As long as you ensure the URL is correct once you switch over, that's all that counts.

Top Bottom