vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the poll html. The have 3 divs before the title, then have another two or 3 classes before creating a table with questions and answers, IIRC.

It's..nasty.
It's like a vanilla forum software, yet it takes forever to load.
Digitalpoint posted a comparison of speeds, it's quite shocking

Results for vBulletin 4:
Image%202012.09.12%2012:31:23%20AM.png

Results for vBulletin 5:
Image%202012.09.12%2012:32:40%20AM.png
lol I clicked on the vB5 demo link and was like "wow over 15 seconds and it isn't loaded yet" on a 100mb/s connection.

But then I saw this, and now I'm laughing. Wow.

That vB5 demo does not really blow me away. Given all the negative fuss over vB4, what Xenforo and IPB have done in the meantime, plus the limitless funding available, this should have been the bleeding edge best possible forum platform. Instead it's a slow, oddly loading (things shift about on screen while it loads) and counter-intuitive (having to click topics, to see topics, instead of by default) re-hash of existing forum ideas. For example the postbits, at least Xenforo moved these forwards by taking the minimalist route.

Is it me or does a platform that seems to hot on monetisation hamper this (like IPB) by sticking the search box on the top right, just where you want to stick your main banner adverts? :)

There is nothing in this demo that remotely tempts me back from Xenforo.

Just remember how you felt when you first "touched" the XF beta and compare that to how you felt when you "touched" the VB5 beta for the first time. In time IB will polish, tweak and refine VB5 but it will never take away the fact that the XF beta was exciting, vibrant, different and revolutionary...even in its earliest form.

In simplest terms, this is the best chance for VB to grab new and existing customers from other platforms (XF notably) and it's safe to say they do not impress.
As people in my business say, first impression lasts forever.

Nice and big and red so people don't miss it.

People obviously will want to discuss this update. However no product or company bashing will be tollerated and will result in the post being edited or deleted. Feel free to discuss the benefits or pitfalls of any features, but keep it civil.

You have been warned.

Nice and big and red so people don't miss it.

People obviously will want to discuss this update. However no product or company bashing will be tollerated and will result in the post being edited or deleted. Feel free to discuss the benefits or pitfalls of any features, but keep it civil.

You have been warned.
To be fair Slav, I think we'll just let people go to the test site (y)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Xenforo + Google - where the Betas are finished products.
vBulletin - where the Betas are pre-alphas and the 5.2 version is "almost ready".

JIRA.working.on.it.vB.webp

Like converting to Xenforo ?

Reactions: vVv
lol, you might as well close the thread then Slavik...seriously. ;)

Anyone noticed this, btw?

New license: $250, upgrade existing license: $209

Yet another impressive blow to the existing customer base.
Oh wow, and ticket support isn't even included in the license, that requires you to pay another $199 /year. While I've never actually needed the ticket support, it was still nice knowing it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom