vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. This is actually the second facebook forum app I've seen. I already have a facebook forum (from the original facebook forums app) but it is rarely used and people in facebook seem to prefer chatting in group chats that belong to a group or page rather than a forum inside of facebook. So although it is a novel idea, it won't be successful for most people. Even the original facebook forums app fell way the fkk off.

Wait til you see my xF facebook app I been building :) It's a lot like my vB3 FB app ( https://apps.facebook.com/vbulletinthree/ ) ;)

It's not slow because of the server. On the home page alone, I'm spouting around 102-106 database queries. It also gives you a hell of a lot of javascript files to download at the initial page load

How about the ACP? Is it the same confusing menu navigation as in vb3 and 4 or did they changed that too?

Maybe because everybody is on it right now....
btw what they are presenting right now is ugly like hell. Man that looks like a Forum of the old days.. Nothing i would buy. Never ever.

The only thing i like atm is the floating conversation-toolbar. but thats it. And this cannot be so hard to make it for xf...

How about the ACP? Is it the same confusing menu navigation as in vb3 and 4 or did they changed that too?

Screen%20Shot%202012-09-12%20at%2012.36.15.png

Maybe because everybody is on it right now....
btw what they are presenting right now is ugly like hell. Man that looks like a Forum of the old days.. Nothing i would buy. Never ever

No, not really. It's not the fastest piece of software in the world.

Thanks Shamil. Looks like they´ve just change the Style. Rest is same, ugly, confusing like always.

I am surprised they did not copy xf and used their own code ;)
At the End, what counts is that i will never buy it

Wonder why, given the success of XF, the competition didn't imitate it? A tried and true marketing and engineering path to commercial and product success in everything from cars to computers to software?

It's also odd since vBulletin's parent company's main business is running forums. Why doesn't the forum operations side of their business have more input into vBulletin development?

I picked XenForo, despite the business issues, over vBulletin and IPBoards because XenForo was so intuitive from a forum users standpoint. It seemed like it would be year or more before vBulletin or IPB would catch up and with vB5 being more of the same ponderous, outdated interface, maybe "years".

However, given the issues seen so far, there is nothing I see to make me say I wish I could use this software (the issues being with load times, SEO, notifications, CSS classes- as stated by digitalpoint FOURTY CSS CLASSES on a single HTML).

They even put an id on the html tag for good measure. Don't really understand why they would need a id on that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom