vb5 beta released, and...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing it's the XF forums, most people here will be XF fan-boys as well (no hard intentions). I do have to agree though that they rushed vB5 in making the beta public of which I personally disagree on. Especially at their pricing, it's ridiculous high.

But as always, in time it'll be solved. But it's still a shame. All in good time, plugins will be released of which will improve vB5 connect and will fill in the missing blanks of what is missing by default. But that's quite known.

I'll be sticking to vB4 and that's a fact. No offense, but I really dislike XenForo. :p

not-working-vbulletin-5-demo-jpg.33984

IB TIPs:

(1) spend less $$$ on lawyers
(2) with $$$ saved, buy a good server
(3) that might help make your beta demo usable.

Nothing like a HORRID demo to make people question your product out of the box.
/facepalm.

I do agree on that fact, yes. The CMS was never that useful in my opinion, but I don't use the CMS either. Just the blog & forum features.

They even put an id on the html tag for good measure. Don't really understand why they would need a id on that...
Wait... I didn't quite register this before.

There was 40 classes on a single HTML tag? What the ...?

I would be interested in what vb 3-4 owners are thinking about that peace of ***
From what i see now i will stick with xenforo till I die

Dear bogus,

Thanks for registering at vBulletin 5 Demo! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Well, NOOOO. I dont want to be a part, i just wanted to browse the software and get a first impression. Thats it... Man thats like Scientology
Maybe they will ban me at vb5 demo (y)

I do agree on that fact, yes. The CMS was never that useful in my opinion, but I don't use the CMS either. Just the blog & forum features.

My point was more that something promised when pre-ordering and in fact the largest "feature" that the pre-order was sold on never worked properly and "as always, in time it'll be solved" certainly wasn't true.

This demo should set alarm bells ringing for a lot of people.

I own several vB3 licenses and now own 4 xF licenses. I NEVER planned to "upgrade" to vB4 and vB5 certainly does not make my toes tingle based on the demo.

xF is the future and vB is done being an innovator when it comes to forum/community software.

I have an XenForo and IPB license, but this (even as a beta release) is just woeful.

It's safe to say vB isn't anything XenForo has to worry about.

Did i missed something? vb germany does not sell a german license anymore neither 4 nor 5?!

Text is in german
Whats wrong with IB? Are they going to trample on everybody now?

Wait... I didn't quite register this before.

There was 40 classes on a single HTML tag? What the ...?

Code:
<html id="htmlTag" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US" dir="ltr">
Seeing as you only have one of these per document, I can't really fathom the need for that generic id on it....

Code:
    <div class="list-item-body-wrapper clear">
        <div class="list-item-body conversation-body">
            <div class="post-content">
                <h2 class="post-title hide">vB5: Fail or win?</h2>
                <div class="pollresults hide">
                    <div class="pollvote-count right">
I would think there are better ways of achieving this, and to top it off, it keeps on going in the table that comes below this. I did not find the famous fourty classes element, but I did see that most had 2 classes or more, I counted quite a few upwards to five or six. In addition, in the view source I did a ctrl+f and put in id= and got 300+ hits, but a few those aren't exactly ID's, so they use probably 200 - 250 id's on the front page alone. I saw that most elements either have no class or 2 or more classes, very few have just a single class.

I did not review the css, but the html is a mess. I wouldn't touch it with a stick, but my guess is that they will clean it up later on, hopefully.

I was able to see this a week or two ago but because I'm not on the alpha team, I didn't speak about it...but, oh boy did I want to! If this is the best they can produce, all I can say is ROFLMFAO!! Remember, the same lead developer that brought you the original vB4 is the lead developer on this version. I've been saying that over and over but apparently no one saw what I saw lol!

I didn't say so.
You will always have blind Followers.

<div class="list-item-body-wrapper clear">
<div class="list-item-body conversation-body">
<div class="post-content">
<h2 class="post-title hide">vB5: Fail or win?</h2>
<div class="pollresults hide">
<div class="pollvote-count right">

wth is that. No wonder.... :whistle:

It´s like bf3. With every Patch/Release/New Version is gettin more worth ;)
If i had a wish, i would like to see more vbler to wake up and join xf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom