1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB3.8 import issue

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by GreyWing, Mar 26, 2013.

1. GreyWing

GreyWing Member

Hi Guys,

Just a bit stuck when trying to import over from vb 3.8,

I'm kind of having problems understanding if the prefiled out parts of the import page need to be in the same format, or do I just enter the db details

For example

MySQL User name:
    $config['masterserver']['password1']
    MySQL User name:
    $config['masterserver']['royalmar_olduser']
    MySQL Database Name: $config['database']['
    royalmar_old
    ']

or do I enter it directly as just:

password1
    royalmar_olduser
    royal_old

Sorry for the dumb question just having problems connecting up both ways. Also don't have a table name, so wondering if that is causing the problems and just tryiong to narrow down which of the above is the right way then I can focus on the other issue if makes sense.

Cheers
    GW

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just enter the user name and password without the associated code.

3. GreyWing

GreyWing Member

Cheers, Was just double guessing myself, just searching the forum the problem may be the tables field. I'll make sure that field is correct.

Thanks Again
    GW

4. GreyWing

GreyWing Member

I keep getting this error "The table prefix or database name is not correct", I have double checked the name and that is fine. The previous database didn't have table prefixes, so was just leaving this field blank.. Does that sound right or should I put something else in there?

Cheers
    GW

5. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

Use the value in $config['Database']['tableprefix']. The default value is vb_ so you might not know that you're already using table prefixes.

6. GreyWing

GreyWing Member

Hi Guys, I have to admit defeat on this one, any chance anyone is up for a bit of freelance work?

Probably cheaper than me spending hours at it. I have the donor DB installed on a localhost ready to go.

Cheers
    GW

7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I can take a look if you wish.