VB3.8 import issue

GreyWing

Hi Guys,

Just a bit stuck when trying to import over from vb 3.8,

I'm kind of having problems understanding if the prefiled out parts of the import page need to be in the same format, or do I just enter the db details

For example

MySQL User name:
$config['masterserver']['password1']
MySQL User name:
$config['masterserver']['royalmar_olduser']
MySQL Database Name: $config['database']['
royalmar_old
']

or do I enter it directly as just:

password1
royalmar_olduser
royal_old

Sorry for the dumb question just having problems connecting up both ways. Also don't have a table name, so wondering if that is causing the problems and just tryiong to narrow down which of the above is the right way then I can focus on the other issue if makes sense.

Cheers
GW

I keep getting this error "The table prefix or database name is not correct", I have double checked the name and that is fine. The previous database didn't have table prefixes, so was just leaving this field blank.. Does that sound right or should I put something else in there?

Cheers
GW

I keep getting this error "The table prefix or database name is not correct", I have double checked the name and that is fine. The previous database didn't have table prefixes, so was just leaving this field blank.. Does that sound right or should I put something else in there?

Cheers
GW
Use the value in $config['Database']['tableprefix']. The default value is vb_ so you might not know that you're already using table prefixes.

Hi Guys, I have to admit defeat on this one, any chance anyone is up for a bit of freelance work?

Probably cheaper than me spending hours at it. I have the donor DB installed on a localhost ready to go.

Cheers
GW

Top Bottom