As designed RSS import issue

beerForo

Affected version
I have an RSS that shows videos, the RRS code has the embed code, but XF is dropping it instead of turning it to BB. This renders my feed pointless, as it says "Watch the video below" and it is blank. The RSS source has it. Happens with YT and Vimeo. Images post fine just not video.

Thanks

Man, and this is such a great feed, it displays the whole article with pics, not a snippet and link like some others. Only some have video but they become pointless. I hate that I can't use it now.

You can in a way. Import the feeds into a admin forum. Then edit the posts to fix whatever is broken, then you can move them into a public forum.

Actually it has a moderation function built in.

Post immediately
Otherwise, messages will be placed into the moderation queue.

A lot of work, but thanks for the tip. I may just do that.

Actually moderating them is a great solution because there are some I want to delete sometimes. But argh! The posts, when approved, can not use a "published on" date so they get lost in the post list.
I made this suggestion, that would solve this entire issue.

We can convert basic HTML to their BB code equivalent.

Converting an iframe back to a BB code media site, while not impossible, is not something we’re attempting to do (hence the comment about it being expected) and much more difficult.

Top Bottom