VB Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't we go through this ******** in 2008 / 2009? It's just a clear sign that IB has completely ruined the support, services, products and value of a product that had a great future. The law suit and the team members leaving in drones is just a confirmation that people thinking "uh oh" are thinking it correctly. That's just my opinion, based on observing it as a once vB customer ..

Adrian is a nice guy. Steve's a nice guy. Steve has earned his stripes despite that he drank the cool-aid.

I wish the best for both Adrian and Steve. They were both a credit to vB and I think they did the best in a really poor environment.

That said, I think this is a clear sign that vB continues on a downward trend towards obsolescence and irrelevance. It is somewhat bittersweet to come to that conclusion. I remain pissed beyond belief at the conduct of the company from 2009 on. So, that makes the outcome feel less sad. At the same time, I cut my teeth on vB as a platform for my community and learned all that I have (limited though my knowledge may be) with vB. That speaks to the great start that the original vB team made in creating what was at the time a groundbreaking product. But, I think the culture took a turn for the worse once IB got involved. In my opinion, the focus shifted from making a great product to making a profit. Nothing wrong with making a profit, but I think the shift and the corporate culture made for a disastrous outcome. And I think that the culture of any company matters to the quality of the product it produces. With the second (or third or more) generation of departure of folks from vB, there is little to anchor the company. So, it's sad to see the downward spiral. But, no need to get weepy and focus on the bad...though it is cliche, out of the ashes (or Ashley?- okay, bad malaphorism), we have a great platform with XF. It's all good.

And Chemical Kicks cracked me up with his third person reference anger. That was enough to make me chuckle, which is a pretty good payout for reading a forum post.

Steve was a great guy. While I was a vbulletin customer I used to drive him crazy with losing my password and the security answer. He was prompt and helpful to me and I have seen him be that helpful guy to many others. I wish him the best of luck and a great future :)

I was wondering why my twitter account was liked by one of the vB departing that banned me :confused:, It is possible that it was a single twitter follow and not a mass harvest or jerry maguire incident, So good luck to departing vB team members.

Kier, when I say something, I meant it. But when you have posters like this:
Yes. Yes you did.
It negates everything. I told you before I don't like arguments.
Yes. Yes you did.
No. I don't. You are clearly trying to start a fight.

I clearly said that's the end of the discussion...
This is the last I am going to say on this subject.
...But you can't leave it alone.

Try me again, I will use the report button. Don't make me do it.

double-facepalm1.jpg

For someone who doesn't like arguments, you get in to your fair share of them.
There comes a point when you have to step back and look at what is the common denominator in all of those arguments.

That being said, everyone has had their say and this thread is about vB resignations, not you, so let's all move on.

For someone who doesn't like arguments, you get in to your fair share of them.
Brogan man. I really don't want comments like this - People just like to target me regardless of the fact that I said "That's it." or "Enough."

I just wish people would just... leave me alone. I've had enough of fights over the last few years now.
There comes a point when you have to step back and look at what is the common denominator in all of those arguments.
Ya know, I don't like taking blame. I don't. If people want to argue with me, they will get one. Right now, I don't. And right now I am at a point where I am going to start reporting people who try to start fights.
That being said, everyone has had their say and this thread is about vB resignations, not you, so let's all move on.
Yes! Let's move on! That's exactly what I said!

No. I don't. You are clearly trying to start a fight.
Yup. :rolleyes:

I clearly said that's the end of the discussion...

...But you can't leave it alone.
Are all your conversations in life like this? As soon as Carlos says it's over, it's over? Sorry, it doesn't work like that :)

Try me again, I will use the report button. Don't make me do it.
:ROFLMAO: You got my real scurred, now.

Carlos, I really enjoy pushing your buttons. You have a lot of them and I get a huge rise out of you every time I press them. You're my favorite playtime thing. :love:

Anyway...now your regularly scheduled program. vBulletin blah blah blah blah blah

I never thought that this thread would stay so long open:D
But since carlos is posting here, it will be closed like the other:(

It is actually quite saddening that the quality of threads are very far and few around here lately.

Ps. Is there any reason Carlos for having such a ridiculously long signature? I'm not having a go at you, i think you are being baited here but really is the signature necessary there are other peoples browsing experiences to consider.

Referring to the quote box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom