1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VB 3x end of life

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JamesBrown, Mar 29, 2011.

1. JamesBrown

JamesBrown Well-Known Member

Just seen that support for this is now officially finished, :(but they promise to release security patches.

Already using xF on a small forum but before I jump from vb to xF with one particular forum I need:

Gallery, presently use Photopost and the built in VB albums
    Blogs vb blogs
    Garage, presently CND Garage
    Rock solid importer (for 18gb database)
    Wiki Cracked egg
    VBSEO urls sorted

Hope I am not waiting too long;)
  2. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

3. Ati

Ati Active Member

It's in their current e-mail newsletter.
  4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Haven't got mine yet.
  5. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Cracked Egg is working on bringing their Wiki over to XenForo...
    Peggy likes this.
  7. Iestyn

Iestyn Active Member

Glad I got away from VB when I did.
    Peggy likes this.
  8. Forsaken

Forsaken Well-Known Member

KingKovifor is doing a gallery.
    Look at LN Blogs by Onimua, its a solid blog platform, with deep integration into XenForo (Or will be with Beta3 and Beta4).
    Jeremy likes this.
  9. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

Here is the email for those who have not got anything yet:

10. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

The few that were hanging onto the 3.8x version are probably going to start to move away (with quite a few coming to xenForo) now that the support is starting to 'officially' go away.
  11. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

FWIW, XenForo 1.0.1 will come with an updated vBulletin 3.8 importer that includes the ability to rewrite vBulletin's [attach] and [quote] tags so that there are no broken links in posts, and also imports positive reputation as Likes.
    Nick, Nasr, gordy and 17 others like this.
  12. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

Kier, as soon as I can get a couple of add-ons completed and confirmed working on xF, I'll be bringing over my WaltDisneyBoards forum as well as potentially as many as 5 other forums.

So, the additional importer features will be great! Thank you! (y)
  13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

You're going to bring over your Disney board? That will be a nice little feather in XF's cap. ;)
    ArnyVee likes this.
  15. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Chant **** XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, XF, Whoo Hoo!
  16. CurveGotti

CurveGotti Active Member

lol here come the rest of the fed up customers ... 3.x was the only thing holding some of them.
    Vodkaholic likes this.
  17. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I think there will still be several clingers to 3.x, even though it is end of life. For many, it still works just fine for what it does. Having said that, I'm very close to being able to convert my vB 4.0 site to XenForo :)
  18. MGSteve

MGSteve Well-Known Member

It does seem an odd time to ditch 3.x support, its almost like pushing those on 3.x away, XF can only benefit from IB's decision really.

IB really should be asking, why there are so many users still on 3.8 and why haven't they upgraded, instead they decide to cut them off.

heh, although I notice they still suggest you buy maintenance for 3.8 though!
  19. Tempest

Tempest Active Member

IB probably thinks that by ending support, these guys will upgrade to the new version of vB. Not happening. Most of these guys will go off to IPS and xF.
    Melaidhrin, Onimua and ManagerJosh like this.
  20. Trip

Trip Active Member

So, they're pronouncing one of their products dead? With their other product on life support? That doesn't make any sense. I think I'm completely convinced now, they have absolutely no interest in staying business.