php 5.3 - June 29 is END of LIFE (no more updates for you)

Adam Howard

Na na na na
Na na na na Hey, hey, goodbye!

PHP 5.3 reaches END OF LIFE on June 29, 2014. It is expected it may receive a collective security update and maybe a small patch update if any problems directly arrive from that update, but beyond that; you're likely going to be out of luck.

Strongly suggest you adapt to PHP 5.6 upon it's final release (or 5.5).

source:
http://news.php.net/php.internals/74890

Crud!!! i think thats me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I do a little dance everytime they finally retire an old version of PHP. :p

All joking aside, you should upgrade to 5.5 or wait for 5.6. You'll love the speed boost (it's noticeable). :)

Just completed updating Apache and PHP, holy hell you were not kidding.. not sure how much quicker it actually is now but i can tell a significant difference.

Just completed updating Apache and PHP, holy hell you were not kidding.. not sure how much quicker it actually is now but i can tell a significant difference.
I thought 5.2 was good enough... 5.5 or 5.6 worth upgrading to? why?
Should move to PHP 5.6 once it is released.

The change difference between 5.5 and 5.6 is very good in speed, but there is almost zero incompatibility difference which means it should flawless to do. So you have all the benefits, but none of the risk. ;)

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/migrating-coding-from-php-5-5-x-to-php-5-6-x.75336/

Told you :D

There have been some significant improvements in the way php outputs the code and it translates into speed! :)

upgrading from 5.2 to 5.4 is not easy. i am not sure if i want to perform any other php upgrades for awhile.

I'm still slightly nervous to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.6

Is downgrading a problem if I run into one? Do I need to redo the config file?

I'm surprised people still use anything less than PHP 5.4, and that's only because software such as WHMCS doesn't support 5.5 last I checked.

Top Bottom