• Fixed index route as wiki not working
  • Fixed unclosed BB-Code options preventing parsing
  • Fixed some wiki BB-Codes not working in non-wiki posts
  • Fixed some counters not updating when wiki content is deleted
  • About 55 other bugs were fixed

Read the rest of this update entry...

@pegasus
I know vW supports vB and XF.

How hard would it be to support Wordpress ?
Supporting additional platforms (including non-forum platforms like WordPress) is more about being time-consuming rather than difficult. Most core classes in VaultWiki need to be updated (probably several hundred files) as well as several hundred style templates, settings, etc. Phrases, of which VaultWiki has several thousand, would need to be reviewed to make sure forum-specific language is removed or changed. And after that, all the standard ways VaultWiki integrates with a platform would need to be coded specifically for WordPress.

It can be done, but it takes about 2 months to do all that by itself. While that happens, there is little to no forward development on VaultWiki features or improvements that benefits other platforms. So while my high-priority task list for VaultWiki is as large as it is right now, I don't see any platforms being added for some time.

It has to make sense financially. Wordpress has a lot of sites, but how many wiki plugins already exist for it?

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.14

(released September 19, 2016)
  • Filter Content Lists by Content Type
  • Auto-Link to Other Prefixes
  • Improved performance of some functions
  • Fixed wiki overlays not matching forum overlay style
  • Fixed unexpected URL format in some configurations
  • Fixed Manual Mode causing unexplainable problems during install/upgrade
  • Fixed option to suppress automatic synonym creation
  • Fixed ability to choose from more than 10...

Is it possible to make the links to areas on the index page link right to "View All Pages" instead of having to opening the area and then clicking on the View All Pages button?

:)

No, but you can increase the size of the "Number of Previewed Area Contents" to match "Area Contents Per Page", so that there are more listings on the area and the View All Pages button is replaced with page navigation. In Options > VaultWiki: Navigation.

Hello! Mike suggested that I post this here, since it appears to be an error triggered by VaultWiki.

When I try to comment on reported items, I receive this error, and the comment doesn't go through:
"Fatal error: Class 'vw_XenForo_DataWriter_ReportComment' not found in /home/thelow8/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 2058"

hi. i want to buy it. but before that i have two questions. 1-can i use it as a glossary with a list of A to Z terms? 2-is it support RTL languages?

Yes, there are a number of ways you can create glossary-like lists:
- Setup the wiki to sort the content list by title.
- Use wiki categories, which group titles alphabetically. Each page can be in multiple categories at a time.
- Use wiki books, and choose to put the chapters in alphabetical order. Each chapter can only be in 1 book at a time.

The choice is up to you, and depends on your needs for the glossary. You can use one or all of these techniques.

Regarding RTL support. The test site does not use a real RTL language, but in general VaultWiki is written with RTL in mind. Yes, we will support RTL problems. If you encounter one, please report the problem and we will treat it like any other bug.

pegasus updated VaultWiki with a new update entry:

Changes in 4.0.15

(released November 8, 2016)
  • Ability to set CDN path for wiki CSS/Javascript
  • Thumbnails for High-Density Displays (4K, Retina, etc)
  • Fixed conflicts when translating at the same time as another user
  • Fixed data loss when editing pages with over 200 categories
  • Fixed non-inline attachments in wiki comments
  • Fixed some race conditions
  • Fixed ability to delete old edits
  • At least 90 other fixes and improvements

Top Bottom