[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

That is not digital products, digital products need no human intervention to get them. but to each is own.

I just paid for the license, went thru the whole validation and processed it with Paypal. What I got was a PDF file telling me to pm you again to request for the download files. So many hoops and honestly it won't stop the bad apples from taking your addon and share it out. Using a URL validator function might help you.

There is no point torturing legitimate buyers over other people's bad behaviour.

Honestly, this is not a very good way for users to get their paid addons. They basically have to wait for you to be active to get a product they paid for.

That is not digital products, digital products need no human intervention to get them. but to each is own.

I agree that it is a small annoyance for the buyer, however it does not discriminate against any with their XenForo license in order, for reasons as arbitrary as having a small, newly created or no activity forum (which is the case with many forums due to the rise of Social Networks). The conditions that one of the XenForo translators puts if you make that discrimination, and you in your thread fully approve it.

Just bought it, and yeah having to DM after words is pretty annoying, time consuming and then you have to wait for a response. Sending the DM now I guess...

Well, I think that if Xenforo put some common rules for all developers and translators who sell or offer their work on this website, many annoyances would be avoided and discussions like this would be avoided.

I don't think it's right for each developer or translator to capriciously set whatever conditions they want on a website that is not theirs.

They have the right not to be satisfied and even to say it! this overprotection is annoying for buyers especially since it is nowhere indicated that it is necessary to go through an obstacle course for a product at 12 dollars!

In addition, I only need one addon on my forum, it is the post comments but frankly it tires me in advance to buy it when I read all these negative comments. So yes she has the right to sell addons in her own way but she also has the right to listen to her buyers ... Seriously, this story of protecting her work against piracy is rubbish, nobody manages to protect themselves against that, even the biggest companies so what is it really for?

It’s the developers work, agree with them or not, you either accept how they handle their addons and distribution methods, or find someone else to write the addon for you and distribute it how you wish, or code the addons yourself. Then you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

They have the right not to be satisfied and even to say it! this overprotection is annoying for buyers especially since it is nowhere indicated that it is necessary to go through an obstacle course for a product at 12 dollars!

In addition, I only need one addon on my forum, it is the post comments but frankly it tires me in advance to buy it when I read all these negative comments. So yes she has the right to sell addons in her own way but she also has the right to listen to her buyers ... Seriously, this story of protecting her work against piracy is rubbish, nobody manages to protect themselves against that, even the biggest companies so what is it really for?
You summed it all! B

you either accept how they handle their addons and distribution methods, or find someone else to write the addon for you and distribute it how you wish, or code the addons yourself
The "if you're not happy it's the same" dates from another century, it cannot be an argument especially in the commercial context.

Because xffutureuser does not develop addons for the good of humanity but to make money. So with a little common sense we listen to those who are possibly his future clients.

Me I'm not the type to say you are smart if you are not so I speak of my resentment here and it is in this case against me because I would like this addon but after all I said either she will refuse my payment or she will ask me for a copy of my passport, a certificate of residence and a medical certificate to download the addon!

Last edited:
It's an interesting debate, but maybe this isn't the place to have it. I would like to continue talking about the subject, but in another area where the moderators do not censor us (with good reason) for diverting the thread.

If you are not comfortable with what the developer wants you to do in order to get his addons, hire someone to create addons just for you.

I do agree with what the developer asks me to do to get the add-on, that's why I bought it. If I was not in agreement I would not buy it or accept it even if it was free. For me the question is not that, the question is that the developers, in someone else's home, should not put each one the conditions they want. That would be correct if they do it on their own website, but on another website, it would be the hosts who would have to set the conditions, and this is the case on other competing websites, on other platforms similar to xenforo, where clients and developers have to all submit to the same guidelines to purchase add-ons or translations of the main software.

It seems to be working fine for me... :unsure:

Does it also happens when only Smileys Bar is enabled while all other add-ons are off?

Top Bottom