[UW] Smileys Bar [Deleted]

Ok but what text is in between the [USWL] tag? Anything? A code? An emoji? A smilie? The contents of an actual message from the xf_post table may be useful so we can see it in its unprocessed state.

The actual way to add emojis with a popup is quite annoying as it covers the text and disappear after clicking every emoticon you want to add
It doesn't disappear after each emoji added. It stays open.

😀🙂😋😏😩

An example of the problem in the Article Management System from Bob:

1636119254759.webp

I don't know if i can use this SQL code, changing the table to AMS table:

SQL:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'[UWSL]','');
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message,'[/UWSL]','');

THIS IS DRIVING MY NUTS!

It doesn't disappear after each emoji added. It stays open.
LOL
Don't know why it used to disappear while using it on another reply this morning :LOL: Sorry! 😅

But anyway it covers the whole text in mobile and you can't even see what and where is added to your message. It would be easier to have a couple of lines appearing from the bottom of the screen, just like with WhatsApp, Telegram or Facebook (and this add-on) 😇

If you guys create a custom BB code with the following settings (everything else left as default):

1636119836604.webp

That should sort it out everywhere.

Right so my suggestion is to uninstall the add-on, which will remove that custom BB code and make the UWSL tags appear.

If you then add your own custom BB code as I previously directed then that will hide the tags again.

They’ll still be in the database, yes, but they’ll never be visible while your own custom BB code is in place.

This fixes it in every location that uses BB code without having to modify database content directly which we never recommend.

Right so my suggestion is to uninstall the add-on, which will remove that custom BB code and make the UWSL tags appear.

If you then add your own custom BB code as I previously directed then that will hide the tags again.

They’ll still be in the database, yes, but they’ll never be visible while your own custom BB code is in place.

This fixes it in every location that uses BB code without having to modify database content directly which we never recommend.

Very great suggestion, thank you very much!

I will try now.

UPDATE: WORKED FLAWLESS! THANKS CHRIS!!

- I should run anyway the SQL Query because i don't want this damn thing on my database for sure.

Last edited:
- I should run anyway the SQL Query because i don't want this damn thing on my database for sure.
It's just a few extra pieces of text in the database that doesn't really do anything. Plus if the author ever comes back and fixes whatever problem with the add-on then at least it will still work as before.

Dev doesn't respond since long, I've sent a message from the "Contact us" page today... Let's see if I can get a reply at all

Meanwhile if someone is willing to open an official suggestion thread about this feature, I assume all users following this thread should be going to up vote it!

I too have contacted the developer on their website and have had no response. I think he got tired and abandoned his add-ons projects for xenforo.

Well, I'm sure there are other lifetime license users like me that aren't happy at all about this situation... 😒

Last edited:
If we don't consider that is randomly spamming the [UWSL] tag, yes.

Let's hope it will continue to work with future XF updates, if that's what you meant

Top Bottom