UserScript: XenForo Enhancer

Is it a time out? Usually that is from a bad connection or something serverside happening for that moment. There are a few other little bugs too. Will get to them when I can.

To uninstall if on chrome it is like a normal extension and firefox you should be use greasemonkey.
I'm getting this as well. Working great on XenForo.com but not on my own site.

I'm getting this as well. Working great on XenForo.com but not on my own site.
What is the error? I have had an error happen to me before but it is because of hiccups in my connection.
I think I need to make it error silently. Also want to make it not show the ajax loading image so it appears that you are getting instant updates.
These changes will be added to the Ajax Polling add-on made by Naatan as well. Just need to iron out some bugs and get some time.

error.webp

This is the error. Intermittent, I should add. Yes, I think erroring silently is the solution. It is a timeout issue so nothing you can solve, but certainly making the error silent would be great.

What I would also love to see is a way for an extension to tell me how many new posts there are in What's New.

I was going to look at this myself, but I think it could be a logical extension to this.

Love it :)

View attachment 29755

This is the error. Intermittent, I should add. Yes, I think erroring silently is the solution. It is a timeout issue so nothing you can solve, but certainly making the error silent would be great.

What I would also love to see is a way for an extension to tell me how many new posts there are in What's New.

I was going to look at this myself, but I think it could be a logical extension to this.

Yeah that error is basically something I can't avoid much. But can make it silent so will do.

Good idea. Will probably add that to this later.

Is it a time out? Usually that is from a bad connection or something serverside happening for that moment. There are a few other little bugs too. Will get to them when I can.

To uninstall if on chrome it is like a normal extension and firefox you should be use greasemonkey.
Yeah it's a time out.

View attachment 29755

Yeah this is the error.

Less-so than hitting F5 to see if you have any new alerts.

More-so than leaving it idling.

I'd like to see it as a user configurable option, though. Probably with a default of 60 seconds or more, but user configurable down to 10 seconds.

Updated.

- collapsed categories should save for a lot longer now (never actually tested)
- when checking for alerts/inboxes it won't show the loading image. So appears to be giving you instant updates instead of polling
- any errors will be silent and in the console

Top Bottom