Comment: support this for 127.0.0.1. This block was
Comment: assigned by the IETF in the Standard document,
Comment: RFC 1122 and is further documented in the Best
Comment: Current Practice document RFC 5735. These
Comment: documents can be found at:
Comment: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc1122.txt
Comment: http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5735.txt
RegDate:

I've seen information about the IP, my concern is why is it showing up as users browsing the forum. As it seems some of those are legit users.

Maybe xF defaults to that private IP if it can't determine the IP from the connection. But it isn't possible to get a connection from the internet on that IP. It's either coming from the local network your server is on ("Get out now! We traced the calls and they are coming from inside the house!"), or it's just a placeholder.

If you're having this problem, do you know if you're running a 64-bit operating system?

You gott to be kidding, it visits my forum everyday... and i check the ips alot its so easy to remember. but i thought it is a spider or something

EDIT: Its actually on my forum right now

capturefn.png

Dunno if you have access to this, but have you checked your raw access logs (or something similar). I used to own a server that, for some odd reason, 2 or 3 servers on the same network always did a scan of my site/server. We contacted the company and they said it was normal as it was one of their servers doing it (besides DNS, not sure why; there was no remote reboot option on that server). Each of those servers would scan my server at least 15x a day. Just a thought.

Is xenforo somehow tracking Apache internal dummy connections? They will show normally as 127.0.0.1/::1 on servers with IPv6 but as the whole 127 range is reserved I guess I understand it showing as 127.255.255.255

After thinking the issue was more fundamental, with Floris's help I was able to eliminate various server things, and then I realized that it was only happening with guests because of a integer filter on input. So fixed for the next release. :)

I ran into this problem some time ago.

It turns out that when you use a int data type on a mysql table to store the iptolong value (integer representation of the ip address) the int datatype cannot contain all generated values. The numbers can be too large to be stored as a int.

The maximum int value will convert back into the 175.255.255.255 ip address.

Solution: change the datatype of the mysql field to a varchar - or float (I think 10 characters should do it - but not sure ... 12 will do for sure)

Top Bottom