XF 1.5 Usergroup Promotion - User State = Email Invalid (bounced)

adwade

When I ran vB, I used a mod that would automatically move users with a defunct email address to a new user group and revise their User Title to 'Email Defunct.' If/when they revised their email to a current working one, then the mod would automatically put them back into their original user group and revert to their original User Title.

I'm trying to accomplish something similar in XF, but obviously there is something I don't understand yet. :confused:

I created a new User Group called Bounced, that removes the privilege of being able to post. In the Bounced user group, I set the User Title Override to Use the following user title: Email Defunct.

When I manually place a user into the Bounced user group, their User Title becomes Email Defunct just as expected. (y)

So I created a User Group Promotion which I called: Invalid - Email Defunct

Promotion is set as Active and the Add User to User Groups: Bounced box is checked.

Under the Apply This Promotion While... tab, only two things are selected:

Privileges and Status: Email invalid (bounced)
-and-
User is a member of any of the selected user groups: Registered​

I've searched the forums and understand that the cron job for such, will only update users who were recently active. I also (thought I) learned that if you choose Rebuild User Group Promotions (under Tools/Rebuild Caches) that it would perform the promotion for ALL users who met the criteria regardless of their last activity date.

However, it doesn't seem to work for some reason. :(

I have just one user who should match this criteria and his user record is as follows...

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 10.39.54 PM.webp

I understand he has not been active since Dec 2013, but what can I do/run in order to get the User Group Promotion process to automatically add him to the 'Bounced' Secondary User Group?

I also (thought I) learned that if you choose Rebuild User Group Promotions (under Tools/Rebuild Caches) that it would perform the promotion for ALL users who met the criteria regardless of their last activity date.
That should be the case - it has worked for me in my use cases/testing.

What is the actual criteria for the user group promotion?
It may be that this user doesn't meet it.

It's just the two things I mentioned...
Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 11.31.08 PM.webp

One other piece of information, since we just converted to XF in Dec 2015 could the import process from vB (of a member inactive for 2yrs) have anything to do with it?

Top Bottom