XF 1.1 User Warning in XenForo 1.1

The XenForo 1.1 'warning' system allows board staff to handle trouble-making users in a structured and manageable way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update, October 15 2011:
I've made some changes and improvements...

Why would you want them to be?

Because "expire" implies they no longer count after the time is up, and I'd sort of expected the front-end warning tab to not show them so that someone isn't judged by mods on their previous warnings.

Do they go a lighter colour to defocus them or anything like that?

Personally, I think moderators should be accountable for their actions, but if you really want them to remain anonymous to the users they warn, they can bypass sending a PM and just use the public warning system. That does not expose the identity of the warner.
Yes I agree, I actually used that as an argument when we discussed this subject. Unfortunately some members are insane and will start to find out who your moderators are and threaten them through telephone, bother them on their Facebook page, etc. It seems when we send warnings as a group/team anonymously, we feel stronger against such people and don't have to deal with these problems. Thanks for the tip, although being able to pick an account and name it 'Moderator Team' or something for sending warnings & PCs would be even better for me. :)

Because "expire" implies they no longer count after the time is up, and I'd sort of expected the front-end warning tab to not show them so that someone isn't judged by mods on their previous warnings.
Surely warning history is important?

Otherwise someone could keep getting 1 week warnings every 10 days and you would be none the wiser.

I'd love it if the system would be also handling positive "trusted points" like the like system where the users will be in a special user group after you have trusted them long enough over a period of time. Then members will have an optional comment on their userprofile page ("+1 for this ...")

I'd love it if the system would be also handling positive "trusted points" like the like system where the users will be in a special user group after you have trusted them long enough over a period of time.
Trusted points don't really apply to a warning system. You can use the user promotions based on criteria (maybe 6000 posts and has had their content liked 3000 times).

I'd love it if the system would be also handling positive "trusted points" like the like system where the users will be in a special user group after you have trusted them long enough over a period of time.
That is covered by user group promotions.

Odd question. Why does your mod page look different than mine? Mine has "Quick Check All" while yours is neatly partitioned and "Select All" for each subcategory.

Is this custom for you or a setting I could change?

Odd question. Why does your mod page look different than mine? Mine has "Quick Check All" while yours is neatly partitioned and "Select All" for each subcategory.

Is this custom for you or a setting I could change?
I'd guess a change in Beta 3 maybe.

I'm thinking of a 'User Note' warning for my forum... just to keep track of the bad, and really good, things the members have done.

To that end, are negative warning points possible?

edit:
Nope, negative warning points are not possible

there is no option to auto close/leave conversation? id like to send a message as a courtesy, but id rather not invite a back and forth appeal or debate a warning in pm. it would be great to automatically close and leave the conversation.

can mods change the message sent? its not clear to me because i assume an admin account is used in the video. what would a mod see?

in the profile tab is it possible to show who issued the warning? we can use something like {moderator} in the template if need be?

if a message is not sent is bob given an alert or any kind of notification he has been warned?

can mods delete their own warnings? is it possible to not allow them to delete their own warnings?

can members view warning details in the profile tab via a permission?

where is the 'staff note' displayed?

public warning can easily be altered via template? id like to simply show the reason rather than a personal note. i would rather mods not be able to leave personal notes full stop.

==================================

i suppose i am wondering if i can both lock down moderator abilities such as personalising public warnings and altering the warning message while still allowing them to issue warnings and send templated messages.
at the same time i want to make every warning public, with it being obvious who issued the warning and why.
is this going to be possible?

Top Bottom