1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 User Warning in XenForo 1.1

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Eagle, jose.rob.jr, Rudy and 46 others like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff.

Any chance that some more tokens could be introduced such as {points}, {duration} and {moderator} ?

That would allow for a single conversation template then.

krstep, Robbo, Shelley and 1 other person like this.
  3. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

Excellent stuff! I gather the warning points are never viewed by Spammer Bob right? They are only for admin purposes?

4. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

Awesome stuff Kier !!

Keep up the good work.

5. Brogan

The warning details are visible to anyone with the View warning details permission.

6. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Can you completely hide that the member was "warned" and only display to the member the conversation?

7. Brogan

That is the default behaviour if you don't issue a public warning.

8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

So not even the member knows you were "warning" him? This is important to me as I don't think my audience would tolerate me warning them. I can tell them the rules, though.

9. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Nice work again. One problem we face in other software is that when moderators auto-ban a member for a week (after reaching x points) it's not always clear for that member that they can't register another account to keep posting. So it would be useful if a default message would be automatically shown to any temporary banned member saying they can't register during the week they are banned, and doing so will result in another warning or even permban on their regular account. I didn't try it yet on the beta, so would this be possible in this system? If not, consider it a suggestion.

Another thing is, our moderators want to stay anonymous while giving warnings (including the PM), because some people bother them personally sometimes outside our website, so is this possible? If not, I would also like to propose it as a suggestion.

An automatically created 'discussion thread' in the moderators forum about the warning is also something we find very useful.

jauburn and yavuz like this.
  10. Sador

Sador Well-Known Member

I assumed the user would also get a "you've received a warning" alert. And that you could delete the post / topic as well from the warn screen, as usually if you want to warn someone about a post, it's because you don't like the specific post on your board..

Otherwise, nice stuff.

yavuz likes this.
  11. Crazyfruitbat

Crazyfruitbat Well-Known Member

cheers mate!

12. Brogan

That's correct.

Marcus likes this.
  13. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Personally, I think moderators should be accountable for their actions, but if you really want them to remain anonymous to the users they warn, they can bypass sending a PM and just use the public warning system. That does not expose the identity of the warner.

Amaury, Dean and Reeve of Shinra like this.
  14. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

When the warnings expire are they removed from the Warnings (x) tab on the user profile?

15. Brogan

Or have a group "Moderator" account which can be used to issue warnings.

16. Brogan

No.

17. CyclingTribe

We have this on CycleChat so that anon-mods don't give their ID away.

18. CyclingTribe

Can they be manually removed?

19. Brogan

Yes, with the relevant permission: Manage all warnings

Marcus and GeeksChat like this.
  20. CyclingTribe

Ah ... so you remove them from the ACP as opposed to on the front-end ... okay dokey :)