XF 1.1 User Warning in XenForo 1.1

The XenForo 1.1 'warning' system allows board staff to handle trouble-making users in a structured and manageable way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update, October 15 2011:
I've made some changes and improvements...

That is the default behaviour if you don't issue a public warning.
So not even the member knows you were "warning" him? This is important to me as I don't think my audience would tolerate me warning them. I can tell them the rules, though.

Nice work again. One problem we face in other software is that when moderators auto-ban a member for a week (after reaching x points) it's not always clear for that member that they can't register another account to keep posting. So it would be useful if a default message would be automatically shown to any temporary banned member saying they can't register during the week they are banned, and doing so will result in another warning or even permban on their regular account. I didn't try it yet on the beta, so would this be possible in this system? If not, consider it a suggestion.

Another thing is, our moderators want to stay anonymous while giving warnings (including the PM), because some people bother them personally sometimes outside our website, so is this possible? If not, I would also like to propose it as a suggestion.

An automatically created 'discussion thread' in the moderators forum about the warning is also something we find very useful.

I assumed the user would also get a "you've received a warning" alert. And that you could delete the post / topic as well from the warn screen, as usually if you want to warn someone about a post, it's because you don't like the specific post on your board..

Otherwise, nice stuff.

Another thing is, our moderators want to stay anonymous while giving warnings (including the PM), because some people attack them personally sometimes outside our website, so is this possible? If not, I would also like to propose it as a suggestion.
Personally, I think moderators should be accountable for their actions, but if you really want them to remain anonymous to the users they warn, they can bypass sending a PM and just use the public warning system. That does not expose the identity of the warner.

Top Bottom