XF 1.1 User Warning in XenForo 1.1

The XenForo 1.1 'warning' system allows board staff to handle trouble-making users in a structured and manageable way.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Update, October 15 2011:
I've made some changes and improvements...

It appears that only 1 warning can be given per post, if true, would it be possible to edit the Warning? (It may be already available, not sure)

A Warning can be given via the Member Card i.e. not content specific, but not when viewing the members Profile Page directly, perhaps a Warning link near the Spam Cleaner area? Example:
Dean_test

New Member, Male Spam Cleaner

Dean_test

New Member, Male Spam Cleaner Warning

A fantastic implementation and I have posted the vid for our mod team to digest. (y)

Would a delete post/thread checkbox be possible? Generally when I am warning a user (in fact in 95+% of occasions) I am removing their post (or of they are the thread creator, the thread).

Being able to warn, PC and remove offending post from one page would be just perfect in our case.

I was thinking this, and thought it should probably tie into the moderation system somewhere along the way too with reported posts (maybe already does, haven't managed to investiagte that far yet)

Yes I agree, I actually used that as an argument when we discussed this subject. Unfortunately some members are insane and will start to find out who your moderators are and threaten them through telephone, bother them on their Facebook page, etc. It seems when we send warnings as a group/team anonymously, we feel stronger against such people and don't have to deal with these problems. Thanks for the tip, although being able to pick an account and name it 'Moderator Team' or something for sending warnings & PCs would be even better for me. :)

This! Definitely.
Paired with the ability to send a closed message.

Admins(perhaps even other moderators?) should be able to see who gave the warning with appropriate permissions.

Not a big deal, but I noticed in a couple of different areas in the admin I think, that the "Administrator" user group could be used as an "extra" usergroup for certain actions, including when a user has reached the threshold of warning points. I don't like the idea of having that "Administrator" user group listed as something somebody could be accidentally promoted to.

Usually if a post is bad enough that a warning or infraction is issued, after issuing one the post is moved to a "Removed Posts" section of our forum which is only viewable by mods and admins. I'm guessing this won't affect the warning system.

I'm surprised this hasn't been asked yet: Are warnings/infractions in vB 3.8 able to be imported?

I've been running some tests.

I went to a reported post, deleted it, and because mods can see deleted posts I then clicked on the Warn link and issued warning - at least that is what I just did. Worked really great. (y)

When a member with regular member permissions views a thread, does the deleted post show at all? Like, even a "post removed/deleted" message?

no..

edit: ninjed...

When a member with regular member permissions views a thread, does the deleted post show at all? Like, even a "post removed/deleted" message?
More info: I gave a Warning for "Inappropriate Advertising / Spam" to an account, this is the message that account received:

Your message (hot link) contains inappropriate advertising or spam. This does not follow our rules. Your message may have been removed or altered.

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep in mind when posting or using our site.

The only thing I can't do with this system is be able to add members to a usergroup once a points threshold has been reached, but for less time than the points expiry is.
You can do that for bans, but not for user groups.

Let's say you have a warning of 5 points which lasts 3 months.
You also have a warning action to move into a pre-mod group at 15 points.

Once that member amasses 15 points (3 warnings), they will be moved into the pre-mod group, but the duration will be however long it takes for the first warning points to expire, which could be as long as 3 months.

It would be great if warning actions could also have separate time periods set, as with the ban option.

Suggestion here: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...dding-to-user-groups-for-a-time-period.21285/

Top Bottom