XF 1.5 User Upgrades - Different Emails

Movie Prop Sites

This is a small issue, but one that constantly frustrates me. When a member cancels their automatic payments in Paypal for a User Upgrade, we send a conversation to them, asking them to help us understand why they canceled. This is a manual process and most of the subscriptions were ported over from vBulletin (thanks, @Slavik). We copy their email address from the cancellation email we receive from paypal and use it to identify user and then start a conversation. The issue is, if their paypal email doesn't match their user email in Xenforo, we get nothing when looking up their email address. Is there no other way to identify a user on the Xenforo side (Paypal Automatic payment ID, transaction ID?). We want to make sure we are reaching these members and don't want to wait for their user upgrade to end.

Provided you have data that matches, you can search the transaction log by transaction ID (or subscriber ID) in the XF control panel. It's possible this won't actually match what PayPal returns -- unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that as we simply rely on what PayPal gives us.

The item name that we pass to PayPal should also have the username of the person who bought it, though if these weren't payments setup by XF then that may not apply.

Provided you have data that matches, you can search the transaction log by transaction ID (or subscriber ID) in the XF control panel. It's possible this won't actually match what PayPal returns -- unfortunately there isn't much we can do about that as we simply rely on what PayPal gives us.

The item name that we pass to PayPal should also have the username of the person who bought it, though if these weren't payments setup by XF then that may not apply.

@Mike, I feel a bit silly now. That Transaction log is EXACTLY what I needed and I did notice on new user upgrades the user name is included which is far better than it was in vBulletin (now I know who the user is on the paypal side). Thanks. This is perfect.

Top Bottom