1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 User Upgrade Management Improvements

Discussion in 'Have You Seen...?' started by Kier, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

XenForo 1.4 includes a handful of useful improvements to help you manage and monitor the user upgrades you have set up on your system.

Watch on Vimeo

I'm attempting a new recording system with this video - the main thing you should notice is the improvement in audio quality, but if you have any other comments do let me know.

However, please don't post feature suggestions in this thread, even if they are directly related to this system! Any features suggestions should be posted in the appropriate feature suggestion forum so that they can be properly assessed and catalogued.
    Alex S, Renada, Jay and 61 others like this.
  2. AdamD

AdamD Well-Known Member

Very nice, lots of great additions coming to XF
  3. BassMan

BassMan Well-Known Member

Nice features!
  4. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

My suggestions made it in! Thank you! Great improvements to the upgrades, and were much needed!
    NixFifty likes this.
  5. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

Nice change! I especially love the alert.

Can't wait to see more new things in 1.4!
  6. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Great video, Kier :)

These improvements are very important. Sadly I'll not be using the User Upgrades system soon, but nice to know I'll be able to more easily view, filter and order the list for archive purposes.
    gldtn and Divvens like this.
  7. Weydigo

Weydigo Member

Great! :)
  8. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

Thank you for the improvements to the user upgrade system. They are very much appreciated.
  9. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The link is shown in the video, but I don't think he actually clicks on it. You can also directly edit the end date of an upgrade from the active upgrades list.
    Kier, ZeWildGuy, yavuz and 2 others like this.
  10. kontrabass

kontrabass Well-Known Member

Ahh. My favorite 1.4 HYS :) Theres 2 addons I won't need anymore.
  11. Pereira

Pereira Well-Known Member

Nice. The audio quality is definitely a lot better in this video as well.
  12. Karelke

Karelke Active Member

And the Star Wars test users in that video makes it complete, I love this kind of (nerd) humor :)
    ChrisR likes this.
  13. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

Very nice!
  14. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Active Member

Removed My bad didn't see that it is xenforo 1.4.0 not 1.3.4
  15. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

i was watching on my iPhone with headphones and the reverb was pretty thick.
  16. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Thread is titled.
    XF 1.4 User Upgrade Management Improvements
  17. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Active Member

yes i just noticed that... my mistake...
  18. Divvens

Divvens Well-Known Member

That siren at the end, someone needed an ambulance after watching the awesome 1.4 HYS videos (or hearing Kier's voice [in a good fangirly way to make it clear]... one of the two).
    mark007q likes this.
  19. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

Kier, would there be the ability to do discount/promotional codes with these premium accounts?

Could this possibly be used with the resource manager to allow for individual end-users to create premium download items without having to setup a full blown complex shopping carts/websites and keep them somewhat in-house ?
    Weydigo likes this.
  20. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll be wanting to post those as separate suggestions or post in the existing suggestion threads for those if they already exist.
    mark007q and Amaury like this.