XF 1.5 User moderation options...

Jwrbloom

I see in permissions given to moderators the ability to "Ban users from replying to a thread". I did a couple of searches and found nothing except add-ons.

How is that implemented?

Also, is there a way to determine whether or not a User or User Group can posted embedded media (mostly images)? I have a User I really don't want to ban, but he's being a jackass and if I curb his media/meme output, he'll likely get tired of having to type his rants. I know I can ban people from posting attachments, but there isn't anything I see keeping them from embedding links into their posts.

Thank you.

In XF 1.x it's in the Thread Tools (at the top of a thread) and is "Manage Reply Bans". You need to have the "Ban users from replying to a thread" permission (either as a Moderator in ACP > Moderators or assigned via a user group or to an individual user) to be able to access it.

You can't restrict image/media embeds in posts (not sure if there's an add-on that can do this). Personally I'd warn him and if he persists, put him in a "naughty group" where all of his posts are moderated and require approval before they appear (and restrictions on other things for misbehaving users) until he behaves.

In XF 1.x it's in the Thread Tools (at the top of a thread) and is "Manage Reply Bans". You need to have the "Ban users from replying to a thread" permission (either as a Moderator in ACP > Moderators or assigned via a user group or to an individual user) to be able to access it.

I checked there and completely overlooked it. I went straight to Moderator Actions, thinking that's where I go to moderate the topic.

You can't restrict image/media embeds in posts (not sure if there's an add-on that can do this). Personally I'd warn him and if he persists, put him in a "naughty group" where all of his posts are moderated and require approval before they appear (and restrictions on other things for misbehaving users) until he behaves.

Yeah, I have a 'naughty group', and right now I have the discouragement option checked. Now that I figured out how to restrict topic posting, I can probably remove the discouragement feature.

Thank you!

Top Bottom